Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Gone, but not forgotten

my little blog. Life, life gets in the way. It slaps you around and takes names. There is always a host of things that pull you in a million directions daily. Updating the blog is always the first to go on my list. Especially with Facebook, twitter and man I have been an Instagram user for years but this past week I got bit by the bug and I'm loving the ease of Instagram. Pair that with Pinterest, and actually being creative and there you have it.

Let's start with the planner craze that is going on right now. I have always, I mean always had a planner but not a planner like the current ones being released right now. They are absolutely gorgeous! The other day I started looking through the studio and I found a ton of my old planners even from around the time that Shelby was a toddler. You know, you have to keep track of so many things, from doctors appointments, to date nights and everything in between. I found a planner dating back to 2000, when I was diagnosed with stage III cancer. Looking back through it brought tears back to my eyes and the thoughts I wrote down during that time are pretty heartfelt. Shelby was 4. Crazy, looking back through all those planners.

Seriously, the thing is you can totally interchange your scrapbooking supplies with your planner supplies, it's pretty cool really.

Here is a little peek at something I've been up to the last few days.


Finding new ways to use the Silhouette Cameo and customizing the planner by adding additional pages that match my style and personality. Using the 3x4 cards from the Silhouette Store that were designed for Project Life, I resized them to fit as pages in my planner. Mixing, matching and layering with old supplies from my stash and newer products that I had just purchased was so fun and gave me a new creative direction.

Here is another page that I added to my planner.


This one I layered a piece of vellum and a die cut card and finished the page with a couple of metal clips. Now, I'm thinking of more ways to incorporate die cut pieces into unique page designs that make my planner even more fun and colorful. 

I would love for you all to follow me on Instagram and or Facebook where I'm more active and post photos that may never make onto this little blog. I feel like when I post here it needs to be something more profound but I'm going to try and update this little place more often, regardless. 

Thanks for stopping by and giving my blog your time. I know your time is precious and you could be surfing so many other places right now. Hope you have a fantastic day! xoxo
D.



No comments: