Thursday, December 18, 2014

A little

Christmas cheer! Christmas is such a festive time of year and during the holiday season I really do like to make our home really welcoming and I take "Deck The Halls" pretty seriously.


I had a such a great time putting together our niche this year. We did have to re-paint it after Halloween, it was a mess and needed a fresh chalkboard paint coat.
I told Jon about the vision I had. I promised him all he had to help me with was suspending the branches from the ceiling and honestly I'm so thankful he puts up with my crazy ideas. Sometimes when he is looking at me and I'm letting him into my mind he must think I'm absolutely insane. Most of the snowflakes were cut using my Silhouette Cameo and others were hand cut by Ellie, she had so much fun creating these for my project. If you are looking to add a die cutting machine to your Christmas List this year, I promise you will not be disappointed if the Cameo is the machine you choose.

After creating some Pinwheel projects for work, I was hooked on the Pinwheel Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers. So much so that I created a pinwheel wall for the holidays. Right now, it is on major discount too. A total score! 



For the last few years I have been collecting trees and I can't seem to get enough of them. If I had my way the entire house would look like an outdoor wonderland full of trees everywhere you looked.


For now this will do, but I have asked Jon if we could go out on Christmas Eve day and grab trees that did not sell and fill the house with a little more cheer! I tell you this man has some serious patience with me. ;)


I still love the massive pinecones that my mother and father in law brought us from Lake Tahoe. They hang gloriously on each of our kitchen cabinets. They love seeing these displayed every year with such love and care!


This year Shelby was still in Oregon when we brought the tree out and we decided to only put the lights on. We would wait for her to come home before we decorated the tree with ornaments, her absence would be felt too much.
So, our tree went from this....


to this....


We hope your holiday season is merry and bright! Thanks for stopping by during this busy time of year. xoxo





1 comment:

Thu Trang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.