Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pinwheels, you say?

What do you think of when you think of pinwheels? Spring, Summer, children running in a green flower filled field. I know, that's what I think of too, but I just got the We R pinwheel punch board and I was a little skeptical. I'm not really a tool person, per se but....when I started thinking of all of the possibilities I couldn't resist, even though it's almost Thanksgiving.


From making killer gift wrapping to parties, wedding, baby showers and everything in between I have to say this little tool can do it all. I created five different projects with basic supplies, the pinwheel punch board and for this particular project some crazy cool gift wrapping paper. 

For the gold glitter wrapped "thinking of you" present I create two double pinwheels and then "nested" them on top of each other. Finishing it off with some My Mind's Eye party confetti and button and a rhinestone. You can always switch out the cardstock banner tag for a congratulations, thank you or celebrate saying which is perfect for any occasion. 
When I opened up the glitter wrapping paper from Teresa Collins I was a little scared it was going to shed all over the place but it didn't. Then I thought maybe when I started to cut into it that's when it would get a little crazy and it was going to spread all over the place, but it didn't, which was a nice surprise. I love glitter but not all over me and the place I'm working. It was easy to work with in that respect. As far as adhesive I don't know if it was the fact that I wasn't working with Scotch brand tape or not but the tape I had was not holding with the glitter. So I had to think outside of the box and I grabbed my 3D foam squares and used those underneath the wrapping paper to hold it. In the end it worked out and you can't see how the wrapping paper is adhered. I finished it off with some gold twine to make sure everything stayed in place. Hopefully, that makes sense. I don't have the presents with me to take more detailed shots, maybe when I get them back. :)

I can't wait to share the other projects with you guys and they will be apart of our Thanksgiving/Christmas home decor for sure! For Christmas I'll have to mix some cool snowflakes in with them. 

Hope you guys have a great end to your week!
xoxo





No comments: