Wednesday, November 19, 2014

File Folder love....

I created this awhile ago and haven't shared the finished book until now. It really hard to believe that this time with her and Ryne at Homecoming was a little over a year ago. The time really does go by so fast and I tried to savor every moment I could last year, knowing this year would be different with her away at college. I'll be honest I'm still adjusting and I miss her tremendously. I have found myself saving photos to my phone from Facebook (thank goodness for social media). Can't wait until she is home for Christmas!

The file folders are from Heidi Swapp but you could re-create the same book with any file folders, especially if you have a set that includes various sizes of them. To bind all of the file folders together I used the Cinch from We R Memory Keepers. With Christmas coming up it would be the perfect addition to your wish list for sure.


On the top file folder I added a mini flip book to hold more photos, give the project dimension and having an interactive element on the cover turned out to be a super fun addition.


The golden flower was actually white inside the package and I have learned to never turn down cute white flowers because you can take spray mist and make them any color you like to match your project. Getting some ink on my hands always feels a little refreshing too. :)



Journaling cards are made by so many manufacturers now and can not only be used it Project Life - Pocket Page scrapbooking but many are the perfect size to fit in minibooks as well. Journaling cards have all kinds of different finishes and I won't lie I get suckered in every time for the gold foil and specialty finishes that now adorn journaling cards. 
The leaves were hand cut and layered, then stitched with the We R Memory Keepers floss, you can also use plain old DMC floss too. One can't go wrong with using Crate Paper and Heidi Swapp to embellish!



Another favorite thing for me now is to add die cut pieces throughout a project. Last year at this time I had never owned a die cutting machine and I got a great deal on the Silhouette Cameo last Christmas from Scrapbook.com and I have to say it was one of the best investments I have made to date. There are so many things you can do, including creating/designing your own cut files. The Silhouette Cameo Version 2 is hitting stores. I have given it a test run and it is just amazing as the original with a few more added bells and whistles. It would be another great addition to your Christmas List as well. You won't regret it.


I loved how the cover turned out with the flip book on top and since I still had a few photos I wanted to put in this book I went ahead and added a second mini flip book onto the left hand page. 


Finished with some more Crate Paper flowers, My Mind's Eye journaling cards and die cut pieces. 
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo



No comments: