Monday, September 29, 2014

The Tim Holtz Folio

was the perfect base for creating this mini book of my Nannie and Papa. I love that the flaps of the folio can be folded at different levels depending on how much room you need for the embellishments you used. It really was a great little project to work on. This was created using the small folio that can be found here, if your interested.




The elastic band closure gives the folio a great vintage feel and I couldn't help but add a vintage brooch to the cover. The heavy duty material the folio is constructed of made the stamped images bold.


The top photo, my Papa in High School and the bottom photo is my great grandparents, my Papa and all of the brothers and sisters on the family farm.


The top photo was my Nannie and Papa hanging out with their friends and the bottom photo my Nannie was pregnant with my mom. 


I feel so lucky and blessed to have these wedding day photos of my grandparents. I love that in the family, if photos are found everyone sends them to me not only for safe keeping but they also know I try to find out the story if I can to tell it. 


Papa in his Senior year and away serving in the military. Nannie on the family farm while he was away in Germany.


I used some of these photos before in a layout but this little folio is displayed in our home year round and just walking past it makes me smile. My mom told me recently that she would love to have this book someday after seeing it and looking through it.

On another note, Halloween decorations have been up for almost 2 weeks and I feel so good about it. I think I'm a little ahead of schedule this year, which I'm liking. I was able to get more than half way through making the annual Halloween Pumpkin Carving Party invites as well as mailing all of the birthday thank you notes!

Hoping your week is a fulfilling, productive one!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Michelle G said...

What an amazing project, just lovely.

Dedra Long said...

Thanks Michelle! Hope you have a great weekend!
xoxo