Monday, August 04, 2014

The gold vellum

map from Chic Tags made me gasp out loud when I first saw it at the January CHA show. I knew I wanted to include it into one of the Scrapbook.com Kits. The Across The Miles kit is one of my favorites, there are a few left and you can check it out here. All of the little bits and pieces, journaling cards, a wood sheet, cardstock stickers and more = good creative vibes for me.

I sat down with this kit and the map vellum paper in particular, I started dreaming of all the destinations that were pinned to my Pinterest board. My "bucket list of places" that eventually I wanted us to travel to as a family or just Jon and I. Then it hit me - I have never done any sort of layout or documentation of my Pinterest boards and how interesting that might be to the girls later. Out Pinterest boards are sort of an expression of what each of us is "in to" or our "style", the foods we like to eat or the exercises we think we should be doing. When you think about it, it does speak a lot to who we are and what we are interested in as a person. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to create a "bucket list" travel layout.


I headed to the destinations board in my Pinterest account and printed out a couple of screen shots from that board, which became my photos. I used sewing thread, the Chic Tags wood veneer sequins and little gems to mark the places in the photos I wanted to travel to someday. Super fun!


There are over 100 die cut and acetate pieces from Pink Paislee included. So many good pieces that I had a hard time narrowing down which ones I wanted to use for this fun girl selfie layout. Shelby, Mom and I on a day road trip to Prescott. So much laughter and girl talk that day, one I want to remember.


Also included in this kit is wood paper from My Mind's Eye. Swoon. I really, really wanted to cut this wood paper with the cameo. It took a few setting changes and a little finesse with the cameo but in the end it worked like a charm and I was pleased with the final results.


Here in Arizona this morning is the first day of school. Now, it's just Ellie starting 6th grade. I always take a photo of her first day of school but I always forget to take a photo of her last day. This time I remembered and took that last day photo too. It's always amazing how one school year can make a big difference.


Thanks for stopping by and hope your day is fabulous!
xoxo

2 comments:

Michelle G said...

Fantastic layouts, love the use of sewing thread.

Dedra Long said...

Thanks Michelle, it was super fun putting that one together. Hope you have a great weekend!
xoxo