Tuesday, August 12, 2014

California lovin'

is what Ellie has every summer. She loves when Jon and I drive her up to see Grandpa and Grandma B. in California. As soon as we pull into the driveway at the ranch, she gives them both a big hug, gathers carrots and peppermints, finds us all then we head down the street to see Lucy Blaze (her favorite California horse).

Jon and I usually stay the weekend and then head back home. Ellie stays for about two weeks and Grandpa and Grandma usually have fun things planned during her stay. This summer activities included going to Sacramento to see Uncle Bud and Terri, getting her toe nails done, as well as, getting breakfast and the water park with a friend, the zoo, helping Grandpa mow the ranch, reading books, taking the RV to Santa Cruz by the beach and walking the boardwalk.
So many great memories packed into each summer trip with Grandpa and Grandma.


To create this layout I used the August Scrapbook.com Kit "Together Is My Favorite Place". I love the color combinations you can make using this one. You can check it out here. I was able to fit a total of eight photos on this layout. That's one of the things I love about trips and vacations, lots of photos, memories and great stories to tell with it which usually makes an interesting layout. All of the colors that each photo can bring to add interest and depth to your design and embellishments, the perfect recipe.
I also loved how mixing the silver foil vellum and gold foil chipboard pieces meshed so well together.
Jen Allyson with My Mind's Eye knows the way to this girls heart with the fabulous Market Street Collection she designed. Makes me want to learn how to design collections myself.


I created the pinwheel using design ID #2007 from the Silhouette Online Store as well as the This Its It die cut banner piece which is design ID #56000.

Thanks for stopping by.
xoxoxo


No comments: