Monday, August 25, 2014

back from

from a great road trip to Oregon and getting Shelby set up in her college dorm. Our family dynamic has definitely changed. It was a long drive but well worth the special times and experiences we shared with her. I remember always telling her like I tell Ellie now as well, knowledge is power. One of my life goals was having our girls go to college and now one is there and we are beyond proud.

A few years ago I created a minibook called 34 before 34. Which documented the 34 days leading up to my 34th birthday. This year being my 40th birthday I'm creating a second edition. Right now I'm working on my 40 before 40 minibook. Taking a photo each day for 40 days leading up to my 40th birthday.


Since we were on the road during some of this time I was journaling each day in my calendar planner. This came in very handy. We were super busy each day and there was just no time to scrapbook on the road and we wanted to focus on Shelby, getting everything she needed and spend as much time as possible with her before we headed back home.

As mom's (at least this mom), we tend to leave our (my) story for last. Scrapbooking about yourself, likes, dislikes, loves, emotions, trials and tribulations and everything in between is something that I think our daughters would love to know about me as they get older and start their lives with families, work, etc. They are after all apart of me and might want to know how I dealt with certain situations, family history, navigated relationships, etc.
This little book will serve as a snapshot of (40) things and events that were going on right before my milestone 40th birthday.

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo




No comments: