Thursday, July 31, 2014

Old photos

using current scrapbook products for some reason hinder my creative abilities. Sharing some more recent layouts using the Scrapbook.com kit Nautical Days that can be found here. There are still a few in stock. Over the years I have found that most of the people I have met and talked to are focused on documenting the present or the future (I more times than not have that same focus).
This is a story about my grandparents that had to be documented. Until this layout the girls and Jon had no idea what the story was behind them. Why my Papa was always next to or holding a photo of my Nannie.

I started with the original photos and I knew that I didn't want to use them on the actual layout and I didn't have or own a scanner. So I took my iphone and snapped a photo of the photos. Cropped them and then printed them in the size I wanted, instead of the original size they were. Easy peasy.
Since my Papa was serving overseas the Map paper from Echo Park was perfect and I wanted to include a unique border between the photos and the bottom portion of the layout.
Instead of going to the Silhouette Store and searching by borders I looked for a vine or leaf. That is one thing I love about cut files you can make them any size you need them to be. At first I wasn't sure about this vine but in the end adding the blue underneath to give it color made it work. Oh, how I love my Silhouette Cameo!


This was the last school function I chaperoned with Shelby. A couple of days after graduation, three corporate buses full of Seniors and two chaperons for each bus headed for Disneyland and California Adventure. We had a great time and more than a few stories to tell about the trip once we were home.
It took me an entire weekend to recover from those bus rides but the memories and time together with her and her friends was more than worth it!


With our girls getting older, traveling and doing more of their own thing during the Summer Jon and I feel our life changing and starting to move in a little different direction. We are able to enjoy more of those date nights we used to experience before the hustle and bustle of young children. This layout was all about the ever changing seasons of our life and how I'm so grateful for our wonderful girls and special time alone with Jon.


Hope your week is going great!
xoxo

No comments: