Thursday, February 06, 2014

life, love

and everything in between. Since the last post I returned from a very productive CHA, put the Scrapbook.com Kit together, had our Anniversary weekend and then everything in between when you have two daughters, especially when one is a teenager and headed to college shortly.

Ahhh, here we are already in February, the month of love. My DIY craft list keeps getting longer and time seems to disappear. I did, however, make time to work with the Scrapbook.com Kit, Heart of Gold and you can take a look at it here. Jammed pack full of beautiful papers and amazing embellishments from Teresa Collins to My Mind's Eye and Prima.

This first layout had a lot of journaling and photos that I wanted to include and I didn't want the layout to be overwhelming, so my approach was mini album (minibook) meets layout.


For the closure I stamped a mini clothespin with one of the Prima stamps that is included in the kit. The title was created with my beloved Silhouette Cameo. I really do love, love, love the cameo and I know that I'm just scratching the surface of what it can do.


I took a 12x12 piece of cardstock, cut the equal strips, scored the strips (to make the pages), then adhered each strip together and bent at the score line. Voila! a little minibook ready to be filled!
I used the red cardstock that is in the kit and cut out little words, banners and titles to embellish the pages. Usually, to attach delicate titles and embellishments I use the Martha Stewart Glue Pen (I have three of them and I can't live without them). The words were so small and delicate that I decided to use the Tim Holtz tiny attacher (stapler) and it worked like a charm.


This was the perfect solution for adding bigger photos, a lot of journaling without a page that is super overwhelming and without having to create a double page spread.


This next layout was all about Ellie's love of horses, all animals in general really and how that love began. Her horseback riding and how she is excited to not only ride English but also Western. 
That's our girl!



I cut the big horse with the Cameo and I had the leftover negatives of the banners I used in the first layout, so I decided to re-purpose it instead of putting it in my scrap pile. I used Ali Edwards new Technique Tuesday stamp set and I also used it in the minibook on the first layout, I just don't have a shot of it in use. The "enjoy life" die cut was small, so I used the Tim Holtz tiny attacher once again.

The last layout, documents a special anniversary gift from our parents. Jon and I were able to mark this off of our bucket list. A rememberable experience that we had on the same day and time we were married 12 years ago.


The arizona sunset from a hot air balloon was breathtaking. The title was cut using the Cameo and I was happy with my first attempt at welding the letters together. Getting ten photos on a layout along with journaling the whole story was also a plus. I have found that my journaling has once again become a staple to each layout I put together, whether it's hidden, front and center or part of the design. I say long live journaling and telling your story! Your family will thank you.

Wishing you a fabulous rest of your week. Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
d.




No comments: