Thursday, August 08, 2013

Monday

started off with a crazy morning. The first day of school for our girls. This year we did a morning breakfast for Shelby and a few of her close friends before school. I still can't believe she is a Senior this year and class president with a schedule of all AP classes. I asked her if she was crazy to have a schedule like that, but our girl loves her high school and her class of 2014.
Which leads me to a layout that was bittersweet for me. I created it for the Teresa Collins booth at CHA. As I was designing it I realized this girl was really growing up and fast. I was remembering the girl she was as a Freshman and how she has dramatically changed these last three years and how incredibly proud of her we are. We can't wait to see where her life journey will take her.

I'm up on the Teresa Collins Design team blog today with this layout that features the Memorabilia Collection. Head over to the design team blog to see how the other girls are using Teresa's amazing new collections. The chalkboard trend is so hot right now and when I saw this collection it was the first thing I wanted to work with. From the sequins to the layered stickers, stamps and everything in between I love every piece of it.


The geo-number stamps (that's what I call them) where so cute I decided to stamp them onto mini paper clips with Staz.On ink. The added dimension was exactly what I was looking for.


The file folders are always something I look forward to, especially the smallest one in each collection that opens up like an accordion. I added a chipboard sticker onto the ribbon closure and used the non-pocket side to add journaling as well as a couple of the layered stickers (that silhouette sticker caught my eye immediately.)


The side of the file folder with pockets is perfect for events or stories that have a lot of photos, print all of them, slide them in and you're all set.


Hope you have a great rest of the week!
xoxo
d.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

absolutely gorgeous layout and beautiful daughter :)