Thursday, August 22, 2013

family story

Good Thursday morning everyone! It's friday eve, yay! I wanted to share a layout that is up on the Teresa Collins design team blog today. The idea behind this layout was to freeze our family in time. The journaling is about each one of us individually as well as a family. What we are looking forward to, what we are doing and who we are right now. I always put a date on my layout somewhere. It usually ends up at the end of my journaling. For some reason it's like a closing for me and it feels incomplete without it.


Hopefully I'm not the only one out there that does not measure anything. I just eye ball it or use another element or the photo to guess-timate the size something needs to be. I'm sure I'm not the only one.


When I was taping the layered wavy papers down I only taped at the top at first. I added chipboard flowers underneath one of the papers and then added a pop dot for a little extra adhesive. Give that element more dimension.


In other news, sine moving into the new house Jon and I have been working hard to add our personal style and touch to each room. We moved in, in March and we still have quite a list of things to do, but we are getting there. I've also been thinking a lot since my surgery about this blog. Wanting not only to post crafty things but sprinkling in the projects and everyday things about our home.
When writing a blog post I feel like I'm always saying I this or me that and in real life that's just not my style and I think that's why I have always struggled with being a steady, frequent blogger. I often wonder what things or subjects make someone want to read a blog. I have my own reasons but I often wonder about others and what they fins appealing about a particular blog. That's the great thing about perspective, everybody has one and they are all different, for different reasons.

Anyway, I hope y'all stick around!
Wishing you a fabulous Friday eve!

No comments: