Friday, November 02, 2012

I have a confession....

I have been doing Project Life. Oh yeah, I admit it! On the other hand I have been doing mine a little differently. I have been wanting to incorporate Project Life into my scrapbooking since last year, but I didn't want to kid myself either. I have two extremely active girls, I work full time, my husband owns and runs a business, etc. I could go on with all the things that would get in the way and suck up any extra free time I have. Bottom line....we are all super busy and shouldn't beat ourselves up for projects we want to do but don't have the time to do. So, we can take the concept and put our own "spin" on it, so it fits our life.


This is how I chose to cut myself a break and look at Project Life a little differently. Some months our family has so much going on and there are a million parts of our life that I want to document, but then there are months when our life is a little more low key.
On those "low key" months I may have a two page spread that documents two weeks in the month. One 12" x 12" page that captures one week, and I'm ok with that. I don't start every page with the week, instead I label the first page spread of each month, with the month it documents.
I have taken the pressure off of myself and I have found myself loving this way of documentation. The girls look at the albums constantly (I'm already well into my second album for the last half of the year). They are curious about the photos and the stories that fill each page and I have found Jon looking at the albums pretty frequently. Which has really made me realize the importance of the little things in our family life. Here are our pages up until March.












I will be doing Project Life again this coming year and I'm super excited. You will be seeing more of our Project Life pages peppered throughout my little corner of blog land.

Hoping your month of giving thanks is filled with family, friends and memories made. Thanks for stopping by!
loves.
d.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to here you are doing PL!!! And I love your personal spin on it, making it work for you, so awesome! Great pages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work in making Project Life fit your family and life. You've created wonderful pages with your own style. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family! I like your Project Life style! Not so much stress but still tells the story! That's the way it should be as the most important thing is making the memories not stressing about capturing them!

    ReplyDelete