Wednesday, October 24, 2012

fall season layouts....

it has been crazy busy and this blog seems to always land at the bottom of the to.do list. While I'm always carving out little chunks of creative time here and there, most of the time I forget what layouts or projects I have shared here.
Recently, I got to play with the Scrapbook.com kit called Fall Season. These kits come with their own "mini challenges" and a sketch. I like the variety of embellishments you get as well.


Mr. Chuckles is bigger than Ellie and I found her sitting on her great grandfathers chair with Mr. Chuckles and couldn't resist taking the shot. Thanks for the bear Grandpa Sr. and Grandma Jeanie!


I remember walking into Gruene Hall in Texas, the old wood floors and the history this building holds. If Gruene Hall could talk, the stories it would tell. I went into the dance hall area and immediately found a license plate from the year I was born. I remember posting this photo on facebook of the license plate and my feet, then getting a text from my mom. She told me that her and my dad took polka dance lessons at Gruene Hall, I had no idea.


Brothers. These two are alike, yet so different. I snapped this photo outside of the Alamo. I was born and for most of my life raised in Dallas and yet this was my first visit to the Alamo. When I thought about that I realized I have lived in Arizona for 21 years now and I have never seen the Grand Canyon. Hmmmm....

Hope the rest of your week is fabulous!
loves.
d.


2 comments:

Serene said...

That's one big bear! I love stuffies like that. Your layouts are very nice, all different. I like the punch starburst on the 2nd lo. Nice little details on all of them.
Serene
Shades of Blue

Dedra Long said...

Thanks Serene! I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.
xoxo