Thursday, May 10, 2012

aahhh....

I hope everyone had a wonderful National Scrapbook Day. My National Scrapbook Day was celebrated the weekend before. I was creating samples for the Scrapbook.com NSD challenges. While I was following the challenges I realized I really liked scrapbooking that way. It reminded me of when I was on the design team for Creative Therapy.
I think the other thing that made the NSD samples different for me was I used the Daydreamer Kit from Scrapbook.com. I have to say this kit is packed full of goodness, especially for the price. The kit has sold out once and is now back in stock. Using the kit was also a nice change of pace.
This week, I'm finally dealing with the creative aftermath of the last two weekends and my room being in utter disarray, but that means I had a successful, fun, creative time.


Scrapbook.com Sketch - Scrapbook.com

This layout was based on the sketch challenge above. Love these girls and the relationship they share even though they are seven years apart. I know they will become even closer as they get older. So proud of them both!

This layout was apart of the "Write a Book" journaling challenge. I really do love journaling, in length, in my eyes it will be the most important part of our family history just below the importantance of the photos. This layout was the story of how Jon and I met 13 years ago. It's amazing that I haven't put this story on paper until now. 

and the final layout was based on the "Home" challenge. Wherever these three are is home to me. Plain and simple. I don't remember the last time I created a 2 page layout, but it was fun and meaningful. 

I hope you had a fabulous National Scrapbook Day, whether you were at home creating (like me) or at a crop surrounded by friends. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
loves.
d.


No comments: