Friday, April 27, 2012

daddy's girl....

The daddy/daughter relationship is so important and I believe my life would have been so much different if my dad would have been around. I guess that is why I feel so grateful that Jon and the girls have wonderful relationships. Shelby and Jon have a very different relationship than Ellie and Jon and that's due mostly to the age difference. Teenagers and nine year olds are worlds apart in what is important to them, their views on just about everything, so we have come to understand that we need to be very in tune and diverse parents. Jon is a champ!

So, it's no secret that the Follow Your Heart Collection from My Minds Eye and Rhonna Farrer have been a big hit in the scrapbook world. Everywhere I turn I see different pieces, if not, all of the collection being used in kits, layouts, etc. I'm no exception!

This layout was perfect for Jon and Ellie and documenting their daddy/daughter relationship with a photo from 2009 and 2012. I don't think I have ever used a black and white photo and a color photo together on the same layout. I like the way it came across.

and....since scrapbooking has no rules I used a Project Life journaling card on this layout, and I put my sewing machine to work.


In other news....National Scrapbook Day is May 5th and this weekend I'm working on samples for the Scrapbook.com Kit Club that goes along with National Scrapbook Day. The kit is already available and you can get the challenge schedule from the National Scrapbook Day Forum here. There will be layout samples and a video to go along with the challenges of the day. You can find the kit here and it is a sweet deal, because if you sign up for their "no obligation" kit club you can get this at over 50% off. Sweet, right?


Last but not least....


Teresa Collins Design has created "Featured Fan Friday" and here is how it works:
It's super simple...

- Leave a link to your project in the comment section of the design team blog: www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com.
Each Sunday we'll have a new post for you to link your amazing work to. You can also share your projects here on facebook: www.facebook.com/tcdesigns - or both!
- Link to as many projects as you like.
- Every Friday we will feature a fan's work on the TC Design Team Blog (could be you!)
We encourage you to show us your work...and leave a link on the Sunday posts on the design team blog or on facebook...that'd be awesome!



I hope you have a fabulous weekend, I will be giving the studio some quality time!
I'd love to hear what you will be up to this weekend and your plans for National Scrapbook Day, I would love to see you at Scrapbook.com. I'll be hanging out for sure over there.
loves.
d.










No comments: