Thursday, January 12, 2012

SO many things....

are happening right now, personally and in the studio. Which is a very good thing. This year I'm going to start blogging more. I feel like the urge to update my blog comes and goes in waves. This year I'm going to try and change that somewhat. The layout below was posted on the Teresa Collins Design Team blog earlier this week (thanks for the wonderful comments there). I'm happy to be back and working with Teresa and the design team.

I have to say that when I saw the Carolina Breeze Collection from Teresa I was beyond excited. This collection is so versatile and elegant. Perfect for Spring, Summer, Vacation and Travel, Weddings and in my case my oldest daughters Homecoming this year.



I had made a paper flower corsage for Shelby to wear to her Homecoming dance and I loved that I could keep it for her after the event. Originally I thought that I would put the corsage in a box and she would take it with her when she was ready. Then I saw this collection and decided to make it apart of the Homecoming layout I was creating.



The only thing I was concerned about was it becoming a permanent part of the layout and she would not have been able to wear it again. Then it "hit" me. I decided to attach velcro to the back of the corsage and on the layout.



Now, she can take the corsage off of the layout and wear it anytime. I won't lie I like a layout that is interactive too!

I received my CHA box full of all the new Teresa Collins releases and I must say that when I saw her Everyday Collection I gasp out loud. Jon had to ask me if I was ok. She has released this preview of it on her blog along with a chance to win the collection and idea book. Click here to leave a comment for your chance to win.

Every Day Moments Release-1

I've also been busy working with the new Scrapbook.com Kit Club. I'll be back this weekend to share those layouts. Hope everyone has a great end to their week.

loves.
d.

3 comments:

luv46kdz said...

Love Teresa's line. Always so elegant. I wish I could get into CHA, it's only 50 min. away from me!

Love the lo's, the corsage came just beautiful. Ingenious to use Velcro!

Blogging can be consuming. I cut back quite a bit.

Paula

Cheri Piles said...

love your flowers, so creative!!

Glinda said...

Oh how I love your idea for the flowers. I would love to make my daughters Prom flowers but not sure where to start. Could you please tell me which dies you used and if time how you put it all together. Thank you so much. Glinda razzledscrapr@sbcglobal.net