Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Last 36 of 36....

Documenting and counting down the last days to your next birthday in a photo a day....I loved the thought of this type of documentation so much that I remembered to do it this year, the last time I did it was in 2009. Last year I didn't realize the date for me to start had already past, this year I wrote it in my calendar so I wouldn't miss it. 
I love my blog but sometimes I think my life is just not interesting enough, but over the last few weeks I have come to the conclusion that this blog is a journal for me as well.
It serves as a record of sorts for journaling later in a book or layout. It puts a "time stamp" on what I and/or my family was doing/feeling at a certain point in our journey. 

This would also work for your children or husband as well. 
I was busy this weekend in the studio this weekend so I will start posting some crafty things too. 
Day One: My last 36 days of being 36....




As I'm getting older, I think more frequently about what a smart beautiful girl she is becoming. How she is growing into herself, making choices, being involved in service, choosing her faith and going for what she believes in. She is the first best thing I ever did, even though I was so young. I'm amazed by her everyday and amazed that she is my daughter. It is such a pleasure watching her grow up and an honor to be her mother, looking at her these are the things I think about right now in this season of my life. 


loves.
d.






2 comments:

luv46kdz said...

This is just an awesome idea, that I marked my calendar for my last 46 of 46 ;) I can't believe I'll be 50 in 3 yrs!!

I hate to journal, I've bought them because I thought they were so pretty, but I was never inspired to write, blogging I enjoy, even if only you and yours read it. Never think what happens in your life is boring! I love going back and seeing what has passed in my family's and my doings.

Your daughter is just beautiful, and like you I started very young. My 30 yr old has not had an easy life with some choices, but is on the right track now and I will always look at her and know I am blessed, she is the first of the first- child, daughter, grandchild, and niece.

Back to school here too, today was my crew's first day back.

Paula

Serene said...

That's a pretty neat idea for the countdown to the next b-day. What you wrote about your dd was just lovely, as is she. She's simply stunning in that photo.