Wednesday, June 08, 2011

week 49: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 5.28.11


On the flight to Maui....The vacation was absoulty amazing....We were outside, exploring the island everyday. It was a breathtaking place with fun and adventure at every turn....We were so blessed by Jon's parents during the vacation, they were up for any activity we wanted to do. From setting up a Luau for us, parasailing (can I say out of this world a fabulous experience), snorkeling, renting scooters and everything in between....Needless to say our whole family came back with a tan....
I was able to keep my scrapbook on the road minibook updated daily and I loved doing it....It was a vacation with loved ones that it SO hard to put into words....Thank you Mom and Bob for the most fabulous time of our lives!!!!

Sunday 5.29.11


Sunday evening this was the view from our table at the Feast of LeLe luau. It was incredible. really. During the luau they serve four courses of specialty dishes from the different islands. I do not like seafood, at all. I lived in Alaska for a year during my childhood and seafood to me was horrible. but, this is a big but, I tried swordfish and it was good. They also have native singing and dancing after each course. At the end one young man does a fire dance and it had everyone's attention. I can only imagine the kind of practice and training that must take to perfect. During the dessert course Shelby was given a special plate that had a cute birthday message on it. Wow! To be turning 15 as a smart and beautiful young lady in Maui. Time has flown by, just yesterday I remember her with cotton white super curly hair. Happy Birthday, my beautiful girl!!!!

Hope your Summer is off to a great start!
loves.
d.

1 comment:

luv46kdz said...

Here is my shots -

OWTS

Paula
Mia Sogni Dolci