Monday, May 16, 2011

week 46: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 5.7.11


Cheer tryouts were this morning. Shelby was texting me before she tried out. One of her text messages said: "My number is 62". I responded letting her know I thought 62 was a great number. Her favorite number has always been 24. She called to let me know tryouts were over and she is now a Junior Varsity Cheerleader. So proud of her! The added bonus for me is I love football. What can I say I'm from Texas. I'm getting my post season football fix right now by watching Friday Night Lights and Jon is such a good husband that he watches religiously with me every Friday night. 
Go Black Hawks!!

Sunday 5.8.11


Ahhh....Mother's Day and I have to say there is nothing better than the handmade cards from my girls. Ellie's was super cute and I love the flower center she made. Shelby's was extra special, the note she wrote inside brought me to tears. Teenagers can be tricky and you always hope you are making the right decisions and being the best parents you can be, giving the right guidance when asked. One of the best things she wrote: "I love that I can talk to you about anything". 
She can and it means the world to me. I'm so proud of our girls and Mother's Day was perfect. 


I hope your Mother's Day was extra special too.
loves.
d.

1 comment:

AntiqueChase said...

My daughter just made the Freshman Cheer Squad... but they made us bite our nails for 8 hours until they posted "the list"... we love football too so I am excited for Fall!! Congrats!!