Tuesday, April 26, 2011

week 44: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 4.23.11


I had so much fun Saturday afternoon wrapping this wedding gift. This couple in particular loves old books (as do I). So I thought it would be fun to create these little flowers out of an old book. The wrapping paper was divine, flocked damask....be still my heart! The other thing I thought of was using those little swirly sticks that you decorate your house with. I cut the swirly ends off of the top and used those to add a little whimsy touch. I need to look around the house more when I'm gift wrapping. ;-)

Sunday 4.24.11


Easter Sunday. We had a wedding reception the night before and was able to hang out with some good friends. We stayed out until after 1am. Yikes. Jon, the girls and I got up, saw the wonderful Easter baskets the bunny had left....started a ham....gathered everything we needed to make Hawaiian Sweet Bread french toast and headed to my sister-in-laws house. I was cutting up the strawberries to put in the fruit salad and noticed this fabulous heart. I showed it to Jon and he grabbed the camera. What a wonderful reminder to love your family and friends and especially on Easter morning right before church. 

I hope your Easter was fabulous and spent with family and friends. 
They are what makes your world go round. 
loves.
d.


2 comments:

Erin Bassett said...

Oh my goodness...LOVE those flowers!

luv46kdz said...

Great wrapping, I wouldn't wanna open it.

Here are mine -

OWTS