Tuesday, February 15, 2011

week 34: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 2.12.11


On a Friday and sometimes Saturday night we love to hang out by the fire pit in our backyard, have a beer and just talk. Connection. With two girls, jobs, a house, making sure our family is happy and healthy staying connected can be put at the bottom of the list. I believe it is part of the glue that holds us together.

Sunday 2.13.11


Jon gave me a Valentine present early. He made shutters for the odd windows in our home. I would not have known he made them out of old pallets if he would not have told me. I guess he made a cardboard cut out of the windows and used that as a guide to make the shutters. He knew he would have to sand them down a little for a custom fit. He also installed them magnetically, they come right out of the window to make it easy for us to clean. Another great thing about the shutters being magnetic was when we move, the new place probably won't have the same windows so I can also take them with me to hang on the walls of our new place. I love my handy man. 

Wishing you a wonderful week! 
loves. 
d.

2 comments:

Lisa Howard said...

Hello, dear friend! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. It was so good to hear from you. I have been a sporadic blog hopper lately... reading much but commenting very little. Doing the whole chemo/working full-time thing has left me little time for anything else. Fortunately that is over. Only surgery and radiation to go then I will be declaring myself caner-free. How's that for positive thinking? :-) Just wanted to take a minute to let you know I have been quietly keeping up with your blog. LOVE your photos by the way...what skills you have, my dear! I hope to be back to the old blog scene very soon. Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! HugsNLuv - L

Kim said...

Love following your blog, have your altered book w/ Noell and look forward to hearing you on prt. Question of the day...how do you get such great photos....like the one of your legs. I love it - a photo that tells so much. Thinking its time to go to a SLR camera but the choices are sooo overwhelming. How is one to decide?