Thursday, January 27, 2011

week 31: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 1.22.11


Ellie had her first sleepover last night. It was funny because the next morning we were talking about the big differences between teenage sleepovers and eight year old sleepovers. 

Eight year olds let their imagination run wild. For example, throughout the evening, the girls would dress up and come down stairs to show us who they had become. We witnessed country singers (which included singing with actual guitars), movie stars and the night would not have been complete without princesses. Those were the few that stick out in my mind. Eight year olds eat early and whatever you fix for dinner is good enough for them. Eight year olds still like to be tucked in a go to bed at a decent hour. The next morning eight year olds love hot chocolate.

Teenagers (mine anyway), are all about texting and facebook. They may paint each others nails. Teenagers play pranks on each other in the wee hours of the morning. Teenagers like to eat what they want to eat, which in not necessarily what you cook for dinner and typically they will snack all night long. Teenagers can be heard laughing at 4am. The only thing that puts me at ease so I can sleep, is the alarm we have for our house. All of the doors and windows have sensors. We have the master panel in our room next to the bed, so if a door or window is opened after I set the alarm it will go off and it is LOUD! The next morning teenagers (mine and most of her friends) like coffee. 

We love our girls and to be honest, this is the season of our life and when it's over I know we will miss it. We have so much to look forward too with our girls as they continue to grow and blossom into the wonderful women they were meant to be. 

Sunday 1.23.11


I was so happy when Noell asked if I would join her for Paperclipping LIVE. It was a freestyle scrapbooking show which we could create any layout we wanted too. I always have SO much fun when we are together. This morning I put a couple of finishing touches on the layout I created on the show. You can find the recorded version of the show here.  

Whew! We should all be caught up now with One Weekend 2 Shots. Hopefully you are still going strong and having fun capturing the images of your life. If you need the skip some weekend shots that is totally fine. Sometimes, with challenges or projects I beat myself up about missing something or falling behind and then it becomes paralyzing to the point that I give up on it. Lately, in my creative life, I have been telling myself it is totally Ok and ironically I'm getting more done. LOL!

Tonight is dinner and a little clothes shopping (which I never do) with Jon. It was our anniversary yesterday but we are celebrating tonight. Saturday I'm off to CHA with the girls of Scrapbook.com. Super Fun! 
Wishing you a lovely weekend full of amazing photo opportunities. 

loves.
d.


2 comments:

Noell-Hyman said...

Dedra -- I LOVE seeing your weekend shots and reading your descriptions! You're such a good photographer!

The sleepover story would be great on a scrapbook page!

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a great time. Can't wait to get together again soon!

luv46kdz said...

You are SUCH an amazing photographer, what an eye you have. My 10 yr old walks around with her camera and takes shots of what I think is nonsense, but when I see it on the puter, it's beautiful. What a gift, a true art.

Here's mine

OWTS

Paula
Mia Sogni Dolci