Monday, January 17, 2011

week 28: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 1.1.11


Happy New Year! It's pretty awesome that Christmas Day and New Year's Day happened to fall on Saturday's. We were headed home that morning and right after we left the cabin the snow really started coming down. Thank goodness for good tires and chains. The girls had read all of the novels they brought, so Jon being the awesome Dad he is, he stopped in the snow storm at Borders Books so they could buy more books for the long ride home. It was SO cold, bone chilling cold. We were delayed due to all of the snow and could only go 30 mph because we had to leave the chains on. 
We ended up arriving back home at 2am. I was pleased that as much as we wanted to stay and leave Sunday, we still stuck to the plan and left on Saturday. Monday it was back to school and work for everyone and that did not include all of the unpacking and laundry that needed to be done. Thank goodness for Sunday's.

Sunday 1.2.11


Whew! We got into bed at 3am and slept in a little that morning. This was my Christmas present from Jon and the girls. This lens was fabulous to use during our trip. Now, when Shelby is cheering at sports events or competitions I can really zoom in and get a much better shot. Christmas morning after we had opened all of our gifts Jon and I went out for a little test shoot. I really love this lens. 

Oh, and Noell will be doing Paperclipping LIVE tomorrow night at 6:30pm PST. You can check it out here.
loves.
d.

1 comment:

luv46kdz said...

Yowsers that was some snow! I don't miss it, I have it 25 minutes away if I really wanted to see it, but growing up in New York, and I don't miss any of it! As a matter of fact my shots this wkend attest to that!

Here are mine

OWTS Jan 15th-16th