Monday, October 04, 2010

week 15: one weekend 2 shots

Saturday 10.2.10


Saturday night we had a major storm move through. It started out as a severe dust storm (monsoon) and by the time we got home it was a full blown electrical, pouring rain, thundering storm. Every time Ellie would hear thunder, she would say "Mom, God is moving his furniture around." Then, we she saw lightning she asked Jon, "Daddy what is God doing now?" Jon says "he is working on the lights in his house." Super cute, that girl....


Sunday 10.3.10


Sunday night was family night at our house and Jon made the best chili. We tried out a new recipe from one of our friends and it was scrumptious. It did not disappoint and it was so easy to put together, literally. The huge pot of chili was almost completely consumed. I had a small portion left over for lunch today. This, without a doubt, will be the chili we make for our pumpkin carving party with friends and family. Here is the recipe:

2 lbs of ground turkey
2 cans of diced tomatoes
4 cans of tomato sauce
2 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of ranch style beans
2 packets of chili seasoning
1 can of corn

Cook ground turkey and drain Kidney beans. Once the ground Turkey has been cooked combine all canned ingredients and chili seasoning. You could also eliminate the meat if you like. Simmer until ready to serve. Garnish with shredded cheese and onions. Enjoy!

I'll be honest I came home from work Friday night and I was not satisfied with the Halloween decorations so I  decided to make a few changes. Jon was like, really babe, you are going to do this on a Friday night?
Yep. A few tweaks here and there and it looks better.

This weekend flew by. Seriously. Saturday we went to visit my mom who just had hip replacement surgery. If there is one thing that can make you hurt when they hurt, you cry when they cry, etc. (other than you children or spouse) it's your mom. My mom and Jon's mom are wonderful ladies and have lived parallel lives. I'm SO grateful that we have the mother's we do, they are simply the best.

Sunday, Sunday was such a blast. Jon and I left early on the Harley for a ride. We got on the bike around 7:00 am and once we hit the freeway, bound for Coolidge we realized it was very chilly. That meant a stop at Wal-Mart for long-sleeved shirts and ear plugs for Jon (he forgot them at home).
We (or I should say Jon) questioned going all the way to Coolidge, but we decided to stick to our original plan. We were so glad we did. We went to Tag's restaurant for breakfast and it was divine. They even make their own hot sauce and being the wimp I am when it comes to spicy things I actually loved it. Tag's sells this secret hot sauce and we regretted not buying any, but that just means we have to take the trip again. :-)
I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera.

Wishing everyone a fabulous week!
Loves.
D.

No comments: