Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye 35....Hello 36....

Wow! My last day being Thrity-Five, tomorrow it's on to Thirty-Six and I'm not gonna lie. Thirty-Five was a bittersweet year for me. The first six months was the toughest I have ever been through and while I believe everything happens for a reason, I believe it more now than ever. I know that this year I have done some intense self reflection. I have read a lot of books, journaled and I know I'm a work in progress. This last year I have thought about my life, the life of my family and my overall purpose. Sometimes we can loose ourselves and the dreams we have....


This year I have learned and need to do more of:

To be more patient with myself.
Don't take the ones you love most for granted. 
Don't take things so seriously....less stress is best. 
Shelby is growing up way too fast and I'm not sure I'm ready yet.
Balancing family, work and creativity can be challenging.
To simply have more fun.
To give hugs and kisses to my girls everyday (even though I already do this, I feel it is SO important).
I love song lyrics. Sometimes the lyrics will break or make a song for me. 
Ellie says the funniest things and makes the silliest faces. 
Making time for yourself and pursuing things that you hold dear is a must.
Riding the Harley with Jon has renewed my sense of adventure. I can't get enough.
Sometimes we need to hit the reset button.
Explore my creative side more and bare more of my creative soul.
I love torn, tattered jeans. 
More traveling needs to be put on the to-do list!

Goodbye 35! Bring on 36 and all its lovelies!
Loves.
D.


3 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

I hope your day and filled with everything good and yummy!! Marcy :)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Mine was last week, phew. They come faster as we get older!

luv46kdz said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I find my life getting richer as I get older, and that it really is just a #.

Paula
Mia Sogni Dolci