Thursday, August 19, 2010

an early morning....

this week has been totally insane! and since I don't have anything crafty to share I thought I would share the other photos we took on our early morning Harley ride this weekend. I loved that it was pretty spontaneous, considering I'm always bugging Jon to go on another ride.
At first, I thought it was kind of weird that I love riding so much, but it's fun and something Jon and I can do together, just he and I. Some of these were taken in Superior and some were taken in Miami Arizona. I love all of the old buildings on the main streets of these towns. I have taken photos of those as well and shared them here, but it's been awhile. I also love, love taking photos of places we visit locally and hanging them in our home.








Let me say though, I'm not talking about hanging a photo of Target or Old Navy on our walls. I'm talking about cool places, like our vintage, yet modern Coffee Shop and the silos we have down the street. Maybe you have some local, cool places you love that you could take photos of and turn into art or use in your creative endeavors.

While in Miami, AZ we stopped into an antique shop and we found this:


I wanted this SO bad! but I could not buy just one. It was from an old hotel and it was a register of visitors. It was huge and like $169.00 dollars. It would not have fit on that little seat with me on the back of the bike, lol! One can dream though.

I'm not going to lie, I have felt less than motivated lately. So, this weekend I'm going to totally revamp my studio, sort through everything and change the way I have everything organized. Right now, most everything is organized by manufacturer. That has worked for a few years now but it's time for a change. I have a few crafty ideas running around in my head, so maybe this will give me the much needed creative kick in the pants, lol!

Have a great night lovlies!
Loves.
D.

2 comments:

luv46kdz said...

I hope you know you are one very talented lady. Your photos are just great, and I love your altered arts. The albums you make inspire me, I even bought some really cute knobs that I intend to use on one when I finally makes my own.

Paula
Mia Sogni Dolci

Jon Sr said...

D, This makes me want to take a ride up there with Jeanie again. Great shots and post.