Monday, June 14, 2010

Things happen....

in life that shake you to your core, you question everything. I'll be honest that recently happened to me and this event made me really look inside myself. It is true I was happy on the outside but screaming on the inside and had no idea what to do about it, even worse I didn't talk about it with anyone either. I have dreams, so many creative ideas I have written down and sometimes it can get overwhelming, as women (I'm not trying to speak for all women) we try to "do it all". We worry about family, work, extra curricular activities that are children are involved in. Your husbands schedule, your home and all of the duties that come with that. I'm sure you all can add to my list. Eventually, you can loose yourself and kind of get stuck in a rut. I was in that rut and I needed to re-group and find that balance again. I was not seeing and experiencing life the way I wanted to. I had become somewhat dead inside (if that makes sense). 


Since the end of last year, I have realized that balance is key. Taking care of my family, myself and really getting to the heart of what is my life. I have missed being as creative as I once was, but I have been living life on a whim. Not getting stuck in that rut I was talking about. 
We have been riding the Harley a lot and I LOVE it! We have taken a few weekend trips. We are eating healthier and have been living what Ellie like to call the "salsa" dream. Fresh made made salsa that Jon has perfected. Just spending quality time together. I have been staring at my journals for over a year and I would beat myself up because I knew there were SO many things I knew I would want to remember, but just couldn't journal for some reason. 
I know one day my girls might experience some of the same things and struggles I have and might want to know what my thoughts were while I was going through them. So, I have been journaling. 
I have done a few creative things and I have really gotten into felt and making rings. 
Some of you have sent e.mails and little notes on my facebook wishing me well and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. 


I'm not sure if anyone is still here and that's Ok. I will be updating on a more regular basis. I have one thing (or book) that has inspired me in particular and I want to put a new spin on it. Especially for those of us that need to maintain that balance I was talking about. I will be starting that journey soon. This blog really will be my life journey, including some scrapbooking and jewelry making. 
So, please stick around if you would like! AND Thank You again to all of you wonderful ladies that checked in on me. 
I will leave you with some photos that I have taken recently that are my favorites from Shelby's 8th grade promotion, a couple of trips we have taken and Shelby's 14th birthday. Dear Lord, I can't believe she is going to be a freshman. WHERE did the time go, seriously! Whew! Sorry I got a little photo happy! 
Loves. 
D.













19 comments:

luv46kdz said...

I'm just glad you're ok! As someone who just marked my Dad's one year of passing this wkend, I know what you're saying 100%. We do try to please all and sometimes we need to just breathe.

I look forward to seeing your updates again : ) Welcome back!
Mia Sogni Dolci

Noell-Hyman said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging, Dedra. I've missed you and I've missed your art. Your photography is amazing. Looking forward to seeing more and hangin' with ya again soon! :)

Hugs,
Noell

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Dedra I'm so happy to see you back! We are still here for you! I've missed seeing your blog posts and your wonderful creations! I do hope everything is going better for you. Looking forward to hearing more from you! You're amazing!

Kim Strother said...

Hey Dedra- I've missed you so, so much. So glad to see you are back blogging. I think I know what you mean...I seem to be in a rut too...going thru the motions, but not sure why, how, something's missing! I think of it as hills and valleys. I might be in a valley right now, but I know I will be up on the hill again! Keeping you in my prayers still!

Lisa said...

I squealed when I saw your update in my google reader! So happy to see you back here. Glad you sound so good.

Yay! Dedra's back!

Mariangeles M said...

You're back!! And that's great :)

I'm feeling kind of like you right now... lost, powerless,... but keeping on fighting.

A big hug from Spain ♥

Shelley Haganman said...

So very happy to see you back Dedra! I look forward to seeing more of you and your work. We can't do it all and family always comes first! God bless! Shelley

Kiki K said...

I was checking your blog a few days ago and was wondering...glad you're ok! missed you!!! welcome back!!!

Tiffany said...

Dedra, I'm glad you are back. I have been wondering.

Kelsey and Tyler said...

So glad you're back - I just smiled inside... loves! K.

Suz said...

Glad you took care of yourself & we all sure missed you. Harley riding is the best - so freeing and a great way to clear the mind. I seen quite a few of the photos on FB when you posted but not the one of the sky - it's amazing! Your girls are so grown up & so pretty.

Lisa Marie said...

Glad your back Dedra. Your post puts into words what most of us are feeling or have already felt. But we are here to hold each other up and give a hand when we stumble.
You look great , btw, and thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to see you posting. You've been missed! Take care of you! I'll be looking forward to reading more posts about your journey.
God Bless!

Nancy said...

Dedra - I'm so glad you are back! I found out about you only recently when I found Noell Hyman's Paperclipping.com. I just downloaded/purchased your video about altered books on her site. And through reading your blog, I feel such a connection to you. I know all about the screaming inside! Creating is how I'm working through mine.

Jenn said...

I was so happy to see your blog updated today! Glad to see you back.

Amy Coon said...

D is in the house again!! Love ya girl!! Call me anytime the # is still the same and I would love to catch up.....

Big Hugs, Amy

Shannon said...

I have been checking your blog since last December, waiting and wondering and praying that things were okay with you. Glad to see you've made it through this far! I have felt for years that it's okay not to do all the projects I have in mind, and not to do all the things all the other creative people out there are doing, because my kids and husband are the important things right now. The time will come all too soon that the kids will be gone and I can fill my days with creativity, but for now I am content with my patches of creation, but my time spent on them is most important.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

DEDRA!!!! Oh, Dedra! Kiss, kiss, hug, hug, tear in the eye, jumping up and down! I feel like a mom who's found her long lost daughter and she's WELL! I have missed you so damn much, Ms Dedra! I knew you were there, I knew you'd return. I hope you never go away again, Ms. Deeds. This really is cause for a celebration....I think I'll go blog!

Love you Dedra! Welcome back.