Monday, November 09, 2009

Monday, Monday....

It amazes me how last week flew by. I can't believe it's Monday already.
So much going on right now and I really want to do a December Daily this year.

Over the last couple of years Christmas supplies have really been an issue for me. All of them have been mixed in with my "everyday" supplies. This year I said "No More!" I have one of these plastic containers that I started just for storing Christmas supplies. From paper to stickers to embellishments, if it looked like Christmas it went in this container. 







I have to say how refreshing it feels to have a dedicated "spot". Now I don't feel the dread of going through my entire studio to find each and every little thing I would want to use.
If there is a certain system you use, please share I would love to know about it.
I will start to share my December Daily happenings soon!

Yesterday, over at Creative Therapy, a new catalyst went up and the guest designer is the fabulous Christine Middlecamp. The catalyst is: "If money wasn't an issue what would you do with you time, career or otherwise?"
Here is my take on the question, pretty simple and straight forward.



Supplies - Paper: Bazzill and American Crafts, Vellum: Webster's Pages, Journaling page: Making Memories, Chipboard Buttons: Jenni Bowlin, Shimmer Label Holder: Making Memories, Nature Kit: Making Memories, Bienvenue Kit: Making Memories, Flower: Prima, Brads: Making Memories, Stamps: Basic Grey, Tiny Attacher: Tim Holtz


I really would to travel to Paris, London, all over Europe in general. This photo to me makes me think of places like that.
The filagree around the windows. These windows in real life are massive. I would also love to own a studio/scrapbook boutique.
The funny thing is I already have the name, Jon and I have already constructed the floor plan and what the studio would consist of....
It's always fun to dream, right?

So, for me - owning the studio and traveling with Jon and the girls as often as possible.

Journaling reads:
If time and money were not an object and I could do anything....
I would travel with my family overseas and I would also love to own a studio....



Thanks for stopping by! 
Loves. 
D.


10 comments:

Tara Powell said...

Oooh, can't wait to see how your December Daily turns out!
I am doing one as well (as soon as I can sit down and devote time to it and ONLY it!)
Love your layout, you and I have similar dreams :)
Have a great night
:)
Tara

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Love that layout Dedra! It's beautiful. If you open a boutique, I'd fly there just to visit it! It would be AMAZING!

I'm getting ready to start my Dec Daily...can't wait to see yours!

Erin Bassett said...

That layout is gorgeous!! What a great dream...I'd love to travel too.

Last year I finally gathered all my Christmas stuff together and put it in a container too, it sure makes it much easier to get started with Christmas projects. Good luck with your Daily December...I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Kathy Floen said...

I am so excited for you to start your DD project! :) I love your CT LO! :) Awesome..Dedra. :)

Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

You're truly a girl after my own heart...I swear you must be my daughter....or at least a relation of some sort! :-)

Europe....France. The only places I would really care to travel to. I may get there yet, but if I don't, I hope you do.

And that boutique? Sounds like you're well on your way...

Danielle said...

What an absolutely gorgeous page!!

Karen said...

I am So glad you stopped by, said hello, and all of your kind words!! Now, I get to come see you and here I find that you are a very talented scrapper! I am also quite excited to find another who is doing December Dailies. I am toying with the idea.....still just toying with it. But, it will be fantastic to have more inspiration! And speaking of inspiration, I just love your layout here. The details are amazing!

BlueMoonScrapbooking said...

Fabulous layout!!!!

E.L.M Dyck said...

Hello! I just wanted to say how much I loved your blog! Beautifully designed too! I am so pleased to give you this 'Beautiful Blogger Award!'

Get it here: http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/shatterflii/blogger/?action=view&current=beautifulbloggeraward4.jpg

My post about it here: http://synnicity.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-blogger-award.html

Take care & Godbless
ELMDyck