Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I hope....

I'm not the only one out there that can look at a layout and know something is "missing". Recently I created a layout that I felt was just not quite "there" yet. It was for Creative Therapy and it was one of those times I had to just walk away and e.mail it the way it was.
Now, let me say I totally agree with the saying that sometimes we should embrace the imperfections we might see. I do it on a frequent basis. But, we are telling OUR story and I say, if you feel as though your story is incomplete, go ahead and finish it up!

I would walk by this layout everyday and it finally "hit" me. I knew what I needed to do to make the story complete. I'm the type of person that expresses my feelings with words (hence, the LOVE I have with song lyrics). Words can evoke deep feelings for me.
I love the stamps that Ali Edwards designs for Technique Tuesday and they are prefect for card making and adding them directly to the "white space" of your photos or journaling cards. Super YUM!

Here is the layout before:




Here is the completed layout:


Added supplies - Stamps: Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday
Ink Pads: Black Soot and Fired Brick, Chipboard Button: Jenni Bowlin, Jewel: Making Memories
 Adhesive: Diamond Glaze, 
Tiny Attacher: Tim Holtz


On the updated version of this layout I stamped onto the tags and added them off to the side of the photo. Having such meaningful phrases and words next to Jon and I hit just the right spot.
I never "re-visit" layouts but having done so with this one, if I feel a story just isn't quite told yet I will be looking at the layout/project again.

One last note: UUUmmmm, I SO want to do a December daily this year.I'm going to get started this week on pre-assembling the book. So many projects, so little time! LOL!
Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday night.
Thanks for stopping by!
Loves.
D.

5 comments:

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Wow, that extra little bit just made the page pop even more! I looks beautiful. Can't wait to see your December Daily. Trying to get started on mine!

2 Worlds said...

Beautiful I have this paper and didnt have chance to use yet, love Ali's stamps also

Eileen said...

Love the addition of the tags, and I can't wait to see your Dec daily!

Like the new background too!

Suz said...

It really does make a difference in the 2nd version - beautiful as always

Kathy Floen said...

Beautiful, D! :) I loved the 1st one, but the updated version is so eyecatching! :)

I am right here with you with so much to do...I have so many irons in my fire right now. HOLIDAYS...OY! :)((HUGS))