Monday, October 26, 2009

A new catalyst....

from Creative Therapy was posted yesterday. The catalyst is: "What is the most daring or scariest thing you have ever done?"  You know, I'll be honest here, this catalyst is a perfect example of why I LOVE being apart of Creative Therapy! You can take this challenge as light hearted or emotional as you think it is. What is in YOUR heart and how YOU feel about a particular catalyst.
The other thing is the design team is so diverse, from the way each of us create our art to the way we interpret a catalyst. This one for me was on the emotional side, for some reason Creative Therapy always brings out the heart of my life, past and present, good and bad.

Here is my take on it:



Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill, Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins (flourish) and Teresa Collins (Journaling Tags), Making Memories (circles), Paint: Claudine Hellmuth, Alcohol Ink: Tim Holtz, Alcohol Ink Sprayer: Ranger Ink, Stamps: Basic Grey and Technique Tuesday, Punches: Upper Crest, Scallop and Corner Rounder, Flower: Prima, Black Glitter Flourish: Making Memories, Brads: Making Memories, Stamp Pads: Black and Pink, Pen: American Crafts

My ex-husband was very emotionally abusive. Shelby was just an infant and he would tell me on a daily basis how horrible I was as a mother and if I left I would not be able to survive.
I was 22 years old after hearing this everyday along with other things he said for some reason I started to believe him.
Shelby was 2 and I had decided that I COULD and WOULD make it without him. I wanted Shelby to see and experience a healthy, happy life.
I moved Shelby and I out into our own apartment while he was at work. It was the most nerve racking, nail biting experience. Knowing that he could show up at anytime.
I received a phone call later that evening, it was not nice to say the least. Hey! I left him the couch, TV and some pans I think.
It was the most daring/scariest thing I had ever done, but it was THE BEST thing for Shelby and I.
Where we are now light years away from that situation.

Journaling reads:
Me and you, together on our own for awhile.
being confident as a single mother. Believing
in myself and not what I had been told. Spreading
my wings and moving on.
 
A special "thank you" to Susan Gray for this blog award. You are such a fabulous, thoughtful person! 
I'm so thankful to call you my friend! I will have to put some thought into the 10 things about me. 
Right now, I have a hungry family and winter clothes to go through and wash. We have a cold front moving into Arizona! Good grief, it's time for something other than 100+ degrees! 
 

 

Hope all is well where ever you and your family might be! 
Loves. 
D.



 



11 comments:

Eileen said...

I LOVE this! That picture and your words are so moving together.

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Wow Dedra! This is beautiful. Not just the layout but the journaling. What a difference you made in your lives just by that one huge decision. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Lisa said...

Good for you! Nice layout, too. :O)

Tara said...

I love the photo you've used to represent your story. So powerful. TFS.

Vel said...

Beautiful! And good for you for getting out when you did.

Kathy Floen said...

Dedra! ((HUGS)) I love the LO and I love the journaling! :) I cannot believe what you have been though. What a strong woman you are! :)

Jingle said...

Wow! That is quite the story! Your layout is beautiful!

Suz said...

Awesome journaling. I'm sorry that happened to you I lived with that too - thankfully I didn't have any children with mine. You show what a strong woman you are & I know you are an inspiration to those beautiful daughters of yours.

Erin Bassett said...

What a meaningful LO! I love that your SBed it. Such a good decision, but I'm sure you had to be terrified at the time.
Thanks for sharing your heart.

Sasha said...

Love that you shared that .. beautiful .. amazing woman you are now I need to play with yall cuz if anything I love is a good challenge especially that allows me to journal REAL STUFF..

xoxo
Sasha

Nerrida said...

What a stunning layout and I also love your blog design - just gorgeous.