Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Paperclipping LIVE layout....

is finished. I always have a BLAST with Noell when she invites me to join her for the show. Talking with all of the fabulous ladies that make up the Paperclipping "family". If you were not able to see the show live you can see the recorded version here.


(click the photo to make it appear larger with more detail)

I was more prepared for this show than I have ever been in the past. I used a Heidi Swapp "Invisible" as the base for my layout.
I sprayed the Invisible with two colors of alcohol ink. I sprayed the Stream ink first, dabbed it with a paper towel, waited for a few minutes then sprayed Sailboat Blue. I dabbed the Sailboat Blue as well and then let it dry.

I used Making Memories patterned paper from the Noteworthy line. I hand cut the scalloped edge and sewed a border.
I then took a piece of cardboard and played with the positioning of the photos. Once I was happy with the placement of the photos, I added the 7 Gypsies dot rub ons to the cardboard.
I packed up some embellishments and hit the road.

On the show, I added the photos to the piece of cardboard. I then wrapped the cardboard with white ribbon and tied a bow of to the side. Next, I chose some 7 Gypsies rub ons that I rubbed directly onto the ribbon. I punched 5 circles from Teresa Collins paper (her new Friendship line).
To balance the pink and blue colors, I added some of the new Prima pebbles to the top of the punched circles.
I used 3-D foam squares on all of the punched circles for added dimension. I also chose one of the new Prima flowers to create a "grouping" around the white bow and to add a little more pink.



I noticed on the Making Memories patterned paper the line being called "Noteworthy" (which the story behind the photo was for me) so I did not cut that off of the paper as I was getting ready to sew it. I then took a Making Memories Shimmer label holder and "framed" the Noteworthy for added emphasis. I did not use the brads that came with the label holders, instead I used the Making Memories Jewel brads. (Who doesn't need a little extra "bling" LOL!!!!)

I measured the area where I wanted the journaling to go and set my word program to not exceed the measurements as I was typing the story. I always do a test print on regular printer paper to make sure the journaling looks good and really "fits" the space I want it to go into.
Once I thought it looked good I printed the journaling out on white cardstock, cut it into strips and added each one to the piece of cardboard.

I really do love adding dimension to my layouts and projects. I'm often asked how do I put them into albums. I use the American Crafts D-Ring Albums. Due to the dimension I use on my layouts I probably can't get as many in there versus the layouts being flat but that is something I don't mind. I also store my albums upright. As long as I don't over fill the inside of my albums and I store them upright my layouts do not get destroyed or distorted.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Loves.
D.

7 comments:

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Dedra this is an amazing page, as usual! I love the colors...the vibrant blue and then the contrasting red. And the photos are equally amazing. I loved seeing you on Paperclipping! You rock girl!

Tiffany said...

Dedra,
You are amazing like always!!! I love the layout and I can't wait until I can get me some of those inks.

Kathy Floen said...

Dedra- Girl, you kick! :) I love your LO! :) You are so creative and make the most beautiful things! :) HUGS! :)

Tara Powell said...

Wow Dedra, what a spectacular page!
Have a great day
:)
Tara

Kelsey and Tyler said...

I totally love that you left the barcode on this paper. Gives the layout a really cool industrial feel. Love these photos of the girls :)

Kim Strother said...

Hi Dedra- i need a favor please!!! I really want to make an altered book. Do have photos posted somewhere of yours??? I'd be so grateful if you could give me a link and tips on the best way to make one. I've been waiting because I thought you and Noell had recorded a video, but I never heard anything more about this. I just love what I saw of the books you shared and I'd love to try it. Thank you!!! xoxo-Kim

Brenda said...

WOW this is sooo beyond awesome! Loveeee this layout! Thanks for the info on the D ring album!
hugs
Brenda