Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Be still....

my heart! The new gem collection boxes by Making Memories. All of the little jewels, pearls and sequins you can fit
into this little box. I have used these on my more recent projects/layouts! LOVE!
You can find them here, here, here and here.



Also, Label Tulip is holding a Design Team Call. SUPER opportunity. Jennifer is the new owner. I met Jennifer through
Paperclipping and she is such a sweetie! If you are looking to join a kit club this one is the cream of the crop.
You can find the Design Team Call details here!
So, go ahead all of you fabulous, talented ladies and submit, submit, submit!

Now, I have been meaning to respond to questions. So here we go:

Eileen said...
Wow, look at all the stuff I missed! You've been bloggin away like crazy! I haven't scrapped in months, and I can't wait to get organized and start in again. I'm finally settled in my place near Huntington Beach...goodbye desert forever. I'll miss the beautiful blue sky, the green golf courses, the gorgeous landscape and sunsets, but I won't miss the heat. Missed you, but I'm back!


Wow. Eileen. So good to see you again! Welcome back girl and congrats on the move!

Kim Strother said...
This is a great picture of you guys!! Please share the layout with it...I'd love to see it!!


Hi there Kim....
Here ya go girl! Loving all of the layouts your posting on your blog! I've got my eye on you! LOL!




Amy Coon said...
love the ring want one where did you get it! have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend Long family!!
luv, Amy


Oh, Mrs. Amy i love all of the comments you leave for me girl!
I got this ring at Claire's. My girls always want to go into that store.
I caved and went in there with them. They keep me young for sure! LOL!



Tara Powell said...
Did you make your own mists?
Fun!
Have a great Tuesday!
:)
Tara

The Gunter Family said...
Ok Dedra-you must explain--are they mists? how do you make them? details please! :)

Kristyn G


So, it is no secret I love alcohol inks and I want to be able to "spray" them. Like mists or spray paint.
I have had one woman tell me awhile ago that this is NOT recommended. Well, then call me some sort of rule breaker.
In the travel section of Wal-Mart I found little spray bottles for .50 or .99 cents. Something like that. I started with a few
and the collection has grown since then. I squeeze the alcohol ink into the spray bottles and then just label them with a
Sharpie pen.
To contain the spray I put my project/layout in a box (like the one below) and I spray them inside of there.



I always have a ceiling fan going (I live in AZ.) and sometimes I do go outside. As long as you're in a ventilated area.
So, this is how I do it. It really is SO fun and that is what its about right? No rules for me. I just go with a vision in my head
and do what I need to do to make it happen.

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL, LUCKY 9.9.09!
Loves.
D.

5 comments:

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Oooo I'm going to have to go check those out! I love bling! Love the layout! Thanks for answering all those great questions and sharing your misting secrets!

KristenJo said...

*Love* those gem collection boxes :) I have GOT to get me some!!!

The layout is beautiful!!! And thanks for sharing your mist secret hehe :)

Kim Strother said...

I love the layout of you and Jon. I love your style!! Thank you for sharing the layout!! And I love when you leave me a comment on my blog!!!

Tara Powell said...

Thanks for answering my question!
I feel special now! LOL
;)

Erin Bassett said...

LOVE that you brake the rules. :D