Sunday, August 16, 2009

Whew!

I can't believe the weekend is already over. It was a good one though filled with friends and family time!
Jon the girls and I met up with Israel, Noell and their children for a quick visit last night. They were at the Coffee Shop that is right across the street from our house. They were there for a Creative Art gathering.
Very cool stuff. It is amazing all of the different mediums that make up the art community.
So lucky to be able to share our love of scrapbooking with each other! Love this girl and her family!



This weeks Creative Therapy catalyst went up today. The catalyst is: "What is the hardest decision you have ever made?"
Here is my take on it.


(Remember you can click on the picture to see all of the details!)

The journaling reads:
Sometimes....The hardest decisions that we make are for good reasons....
These decisions change our life, they can break cycles.....
Some people are just not meant to be together....
the relationship is toxic and affects everyone....
the hardest decision I have made so far in my life was leaving your dad Shelby....
I wanted you to grow up in a positive, loving environment....
your dad and I are great parents seperately....
We love you and you are the best part of your dad and I....
At the time your dad and I were in different places and wanted very different things in life....
getting out on our own just you and me, I know now that was best, even as scary as it was....
You were meant to be!
love you.

If your up for it and you create something for this catalyst I would love to see it!
Leave a comment with a link!

I love reading all of your comments and there have been a couple of questions too.
itsmelah said...
Hello Dedra,
I love that D initial charm. Where did you find that? I enjoy your blog. (Tricia's friend - Lori)


Hi there Lori! It's so good to hear from you.
I got the pendant from the Orange Patch Too. They are a little store on McKellips between Greenfield and Val Vista.
They have a blog as well you can find it here!
I will be going back for sure!

Tiffany said...
The stack at least means that you are getting stuff done right?? I think that is an awesome idea to hang up your scrapbook pages. I can't wait to see the page on Sunday!!

I agree Tiffany seeing that pile makes me happy, good memories recorded for sure!
I hope you like the page!

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...
I agree! That stack is work done! Would love to see the goodies you have in that pile...bet they're lovely. Hope to see more on your idea of the wall hangings!


Hi there Sheri! So good to see you, thanks for stopping by!

Suz said...
I used to put mine away daily then the stack started... now I have an iris container to temp put layouts in & when it doesn't close I know it's time to get the albums out


Great storage idea Suz! I might need to give that a try....

Kathy Floen said...
Oh, Dedra-I am thinking that peek was some TC stuff! :) I love Teresa Collins' new lines! :) BEAUTIFUL! :)


Mrs. Kathy you always put a smile on my face girl!

Suz said...
Super altered book Dedra. I like anything that will get you blogging more... don't sell yourself short girl. Just do it for you.


Suz, you are always the voice of reason! It's crazy, I'm such a shy girl! Thanks for always giving great advice!

Tiffany said...
Dedra, I think they look awesome.
My husband knows how to sodder (sp) we should make the pendants and then let him sodder them together.


It's really quite a funny thing Tiffany. Jon knows how to solder too, really good and he tried to give me some pointers.
I agree we make the pendants and have them solder them!

Erin Bassett said...
How cute is that!! Love the ones you made too...I think they turned out great!


Thanks Erin, you're so sweet!

If you have made it this far thanks for hanging in there!
See ya tomorrow!
Loves.
D.

3 comments:

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

That is such a beautiful page! The journaling is so touching. I love the flowers...who makes them? (You're probably going to tell me you made them, you creative diva!) Cute picture of you and Noelle.

Kathy Floen said...

Oh, Dedra, your LO made me cry! :) You made a powerful LO with no pics...AMAZING! :) I am gonna try this catalyst, because the hardest thing for me has been forgiveness with a lot of things...hmm, wonder how that page will turn out. I will let you know. :)

Also, you and Noelle are so lucky to have each other down there....you both put a kind of calm on me and I love seeing what you girls are doing. :)
Hugs!

Kim Strother said...

Hi Dedra- love this page and you journaling. So tell me, is this made with the Tim Holtz alcohol inks with water and a mister??? Or what did you use??? You must start giving details directions on how you made you layouts ( how else am I suppose to scraplift them??????) LOL!! Seriously, this is awesome!
Kim