Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The last 34 of 34....

Jennifer Pebbles had this concept that she carried out on her blog. Documenting and counting down the last days to your next birthday in a photo a day....I loved the thought of this type of documentation so much that I remembered to do it this year, Jennifer did it back in 2008....
This is BIG for me because the thought of posting a photo a day for the next 34 days would be a HUGE accomplishment for me....
I love my blog but sometimes I think my life is just not interesting enough, but over the last few weeks I have come to the conclusion that this blog is a journal for me as well....
It serves as a record of sorts for journaling later in a book or layout....It puts a "time stamp" on what I and/or my family was doing/feeling at a certain point in our journey....

The other thing that pushed me toward doing this type of documentation is creating a minibook based on me....As mothers, wives, daughters, sisters etc. we do not include ourselves in our scrapbooks/art as much as we should (at least I don't)....
At the end of this photo a day project what a perfect opportunity to create a minibook using the photos and journaling as the content for your creation!
How perfect!
As I'm typing this I'm thinking "Man, it would have been nice to have something already started"....Kinda like Ali Edwards does with the albums that she creates which is a record of the days counting down to Christmas!
I love that concept as well! I will hopefully be doing that one this year too!
Boy, I'm feeling adventurous these days!

So, this is my first photo a day....My last 34 days of being 34....
(and so the content of the blog doesn't become totally boring, I will continue to post all crafty things as well.)



Oh and last but not least....I'll leave you with another project I just finished....
A little altered book I plan to fill the insides of....
I'll be back tomorrow!

Loves.
D.


3 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

Great altered book! And I love that concept, the photos until your birthday!

Suz said...

Super altered book Dedra. I like anything that will get you blogging more... don't sell yourself short girl. Just do it for you.

Kathy Floen said...

I LOVE the altered book! :) I also love the idea of documenting you! :) Ali Edwards was the one that got me started on being able to scrap about me...Cathy Z. just solidified the importance. :)