Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SO happy....

my Mom is in town and staying with us! Seeing her at the airport brought me to tears. I'm proud of myself for being able to hold back the tears until we got into the parking garage. I can get super emotional sometimes (especially times like that). I have missed her so much.
Thus, the neglect of the blog.

Thank you SO much Suz for the wonderful award you sent my way!
Your blog is amazing and I always find something new and inspiring. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. You are such a sweetheart yourself!



CHA is feverishly going on in Florida and I'm not attending this one.
BUT I did get some of the new Teresa Collins lines (Friendship and Sports Edition) and I will be sharing the projects and layouts I create using these lines soon.
Scrapbook.com has her new releases in the store. You can find my favorite paper here.

You can see all of Teresa's releases here!
( I would have taken photos of the fabulous product I was sent but Jon has taken my camera to work.)

I also wanted to share a layout I created a couple of weeks ago for Creative Therapy. The catalyst was:
If I had one day to do over and over, what would I want to do with it?



Journaling reads:
If I had one day to do over and over.
You.
The girls.
Me.
Anywhere.
Just hanging out and being us.
Makes my soul happy.

I have also been working on some layouts for Scrapbook.com. I picked up one of the brad kits they have on sale right now ($14.99 it is a total steal!) and used them for documenting some of our Disneyland vacation. The brad kit is a really good deal and you wonderful ladies can find it here.





I can't tell you how much I love reading the comments you leave!
They lift me up, inspire me and always put a BIG smile on my face.
I'm going to be better about answering any questions and responding to your comments here. I want to be more connected to you!

Kathy Floen said...
Oh my Dedra! I loved yur journaling for CT! :) Beautiful...I am so sensitive...it brought a tear to my eyes. :) Do you not love being married to your best friend? I am sure he is just as elated that he has found you! :) I know I am thankful for him getting on the docs and catching the cancer...I wouldn't have the friend I have today and the inspiration! ((HUGS))


Hey you! I LOVE your comments and especially the long ones. You just say whatever you want to say because you always leave me smiling and sometimes laughing really hard! Big Hugs!

Noell-Hyman said...
All three layouts are beautiful, but no surprise there, Dedra. Your journaling for CT was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Also, I have to tell you how much I love that sun with the bling! Awesome.


I love your latest layout with Trin and the tea party! She is so darn adorable!
The video with Israel setting up the living room was so awesome!
See you soon!


KristN said...
Your work is always so beautiful. I love your journaling too. Thanks for sharing yourself & your talent. You are very inspiring. I look forward to seeing more of your work! I do have to ask...who makes the butterflies. I have seen you use them on a couple projects and just love them. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!


Hey there KristN. I found the butterflies at Michael's in the floral arrangement section. Over by the floral tape, fake fruit etc. It's always fun finding something "different" to include in projects.
Thanks for stopping by!


Lisa T. Howard said...
Dedra, your CT journaling is so heart touching. I can sense the sincerity and love you poured into that page. Thanks for sharing this big part of you with us. Love your creative genius as well. I've always been a fan! :)

Thanks Lisa. Your blog is awesome and I love all of the changes you have made.
The stories you share there are so detailed I would love for you to make a book out of your blog entries (This is something I might do myself). I know your book would be fabulous!
:-)


Simply Stork said...
What beautiful journaling-and what a wonderfully beautiful way to tell your story.

~simply stork~

ps...I wonder how many times you will hear the word beautiful today...(lol) There just isn't any other way to describe it :o)


Thanks so much Stork!

I'm SO thankful for all of you amazing, talented, inspiring women who stop by!
I'm off to work with Teresa's yummy new releases and maybe play some Yathzee!
Hugs.
D.

1 comment:

Kathy Floen said...

Dedra- I am so glad that your mom is there. :) I bet you are just over the moon about it all. :)

I loved your CT LO. :) What a fun page! :) I also liked the Pluto one also. :) I have a growing list for SB.com as it is! :) They better give you a raise, because I would have never found them if it wasn't for you and then YOU JUST HAD TO TELL ME...where you got the HS Chandelier Jewels! LOL! :) I am so addicted. :)

Well..I am hoping not to see you bloggin until your mom is gone. Enjoy her...I know you already are! :) ((HUGS))