Sunday, May 03, 2009

Just in Time....

for Mother's Day (which is a week from today), seriously where does the time go? LOL!
I wanted to let you know in advance this is going to be a LONG post, with eye candy that hopefully you will enjoy!
So, if you make it all the way to the end, Thank you!

I wanted to create something special for my Mother and Mother In Law this year for Mother's Day. Something super easy, affordable and quick. I used the fabulous new Prima Fiesta flowers and turned them into magnets. I topped the flower magnets with index sized photos and I used a small punch to cut them out. The magnets can be used on the refrigerator, memo board, etc. I LOVED using the Martha Stewart gift boxes to put the flowers in. My Mom and Mother In Law probably won't know they are magnets when they first look at them. ;-)



To add the magnet to the back of the flowers I used a hot glue gun but you could also use Diamond Glaze.
Super simple. ;-)



I used diamond glaze to adhere the photos directly to each flower or you could leave them bare.



Supplies: Baja Flowers, Cabo Flowers, Citrus Flowers, Glaze Flowers, Martha Stewart Boxes

For a completely different look you could make these scalloped magnets.
These were quick, easy and SUPER fun to make. I started with a scallop punch and American Crafts white cardstock. Then I used a circle punch and black cardstock. After that I used a Jenni Bowlin chipboard button (My FAV) and then I topped it off with a button and jewel or I added a photo. The magnet is on the back so these can also be used on your Mom's refrigerator, memo board, etc. The other great thing is if you create the flower magnets and these you could give your Mom an assortment box of both goodies!



I wanted to make these really dimensional so between each layer I used foam squares to give me the dimension I wanted.



I also used a glue gun to add the magnets to the back of the paper but you could use diamond glaze as well.



Supplies: Jenni Bowlin Office Buttons, Jenni Bowlin Bookprint Buttons, Foofala Buttons, French Twist Buttons, Bella Buttons, Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Jewels

Next, I created a layout for my Mom this year and framed it using the new Fancy Pants 8x8 frame. The layout went inside the frame and then on the outside of the "acrylic glass" I put the flower and Jenni Bowlin jewel buttons. With this frame I'm also going to give her voice recorded messages from myself and the girls. She is moving back to Texas right before Mother's Day and with the voice recorded messages she can hear us anytime. She can keep it with this frame.





Supplies: Fancy Pants Frame, Baja Flower, Jenni Bowlin Buttons, Making Memories Flowers, Voice Recorder

Last but not least, I created this set to give to my Mother In Law for Mother's Day. She lives in California and I would love to know more about her and my husband's side of the family. So, I'm sending this Journal Jar set to her so she can get started documenting herself and the memories she has of the family. The "jar" drawers are a set of the Making Memories Embellishment Center Drawers. The left "jar" drawer holds the pens I created using the Prima flower vines. The right "jar" drawer holds around 100 questions that she will pull out, at her convenience, to start recording her stories. The notebook in the center will hold all of the valuable stories of my husband's family. I wanted to make sure she had everything she needed to get started!



This is the journaling notebook. I have to say when I opened this notebook it was full of surprise pages. From fold outs and flip outs to wonderful sturdy notebook pages. It was a nice surprise, not your standard regular blank pages. This will be fun for my Mother In Law to record her stories in. I loved using the Hambly rub ons, they went on like butter! The Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons are on of my fav's and I can't resist the Heidi Swapp crystals! Anyone who knows me knows I can't create a minibook or notebook without adding a knob...LOL!



I love layering those Jenni Bowlin buttons and putting them on everything lately!



I took some regular pens, floral tape and the new Prima flower vines to create some cute pens for my Mother In Law to journal with. I had the cut the vines and arrange the flowers then wrap them with floral tape. In one of the "jar" drawers I added some black eyed peas to hold the pens.





Supplies: Making Memories Drawers, Heidi Swapp Notebook, Hambly Rub Ons, Heidi Swapp Crystals, Jenni Bowlin Buttons, Prima flower vine

Yesterday was National Scrapbook Day and while I did not attend any crops and I was not apart of the "traditional" festivities I was finishing up a DVD shoot with Noell and Israel! I would not have wanted to be any other place. These two are simply fabulous and talented in their own right. It was a blast and quite an experience, I do have a new respect for what Noell does for Paperclipping.
If you're not sure what Paperclipping is you can click on the Paperclipping icon in my sidebar to head over and check it out. I promise you will not be disappointed!

So, I would LOVE to hear what everyone participated in for their National Scrapbook Day. Make sure you leave me some links so I can check it out!

Hugs!
D.

9 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Beautiful Dedra

Tere said...

Dedra, everything is gorgeous!

oh! and what a team, Noell, Israel and You!!!!

Tiffany said...

Dedra,
You are amazing!!! Seriously, I wish I lived next door to you so I could copy everything you do. You are so inspirational to me. You have no idea!!!

Kathy Floen said...

WOW! DEDRA! You are so kick butt! I LOVED your projects! Gorgeous! :) I have been meaning to ask you where you get those BIG jewels you put on your books? I would love to get some. I have seen the jewels at Micheal's that don't have a hole in them to make them a charm, but I could hot glue them on a book. :) Hmmm.... I did scrap on NSD. I had so much fun...my blog addy is: http://www.kathy-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com

Kim Strother said...

Dedra I l love the journal you are giving you MIL. Who and where is that from?? And tell us more about the pages inside too!! Can't wait to see the video!!

Cindy S said...

Hey Dedra. Love that book cover and would like to see the inside too. Or is that one of the goodies in the video with Noell? My NSD was spent in 3 locations: The Pink Stamper (www.thepinkstamper.blogspot.com) my local scrapbook store (www.willowtreecrafts.co.uk) and of course with you guys on Paperclipping.

Jen said...

Dedra, I love all the projects you made. The magnets are such a quick, easy, and personal gift. You and I both love the Prima and Jenni Bowlin, I can tell! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Suz said...

Dedra these projects are amazing. They looked great in the video but WOW they are just beautiful here. I love that photo of your mom & the girls. I'm sure she will treasure itl

Simply-Mel said...

What incredible gifts - from the simple innovative magnets (that even I could do) to the beautiful kit you sent your MIL! Thanks for sharing.