Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thank you and the Paperclipping layout....

you ladies are truly the best....I read all of your comments as they come in and sometimes you all have me laughing so hard and other times I feel blessed that I can connect with you....You guys "get me" another reason I love this hobby, being able to share with you and hopefully inspiring you as much as you inspire me....

So I would like to comment on some of your comments:

Lisa T. Howard said...
Hi Dedra! Love your Creative Therapy layout! I have been mostly hand stitching on my pages but recently pulled out my machine. Still trying to find a place to set it up in my scrap room. I can truly appreciate your apprehension when it came to tackling the machine for the first time. It brought back memories of my first machine...that was quite a few years ago. I did make a few sun dresses but my "claim to fame" was doll clothes for my daughter's Cabbage Patch baby...lol! Happy Tuesday!

Lisa, I could NEVER make a piece of clothing....I think it has to do with the fact that I don't measure anything! LOL!!!!
So, you've got me there....and what a great memory to have of your first sewing experiences!

Amy Coon said...
Dedra

Great layout also I have to know because I am laughing so hard right now did you take "cheat notes" actually on your machine ? If so you need to do a layout on that one its to funny!


Oh, Amy a girl has to do what a girl has to do!! I told you I was deathly frightened and scared to even touch this machine....I was such a baby that I had to call my Mom and when she came over I thought how in the world will I remember all of these do dads....Let me say..I'm not one for writing in manuals....So, I asked my Mom to write it on the actual machine....She looked at me like I was insane...AND then realized I was serious....
She also laughed pretty hard!!!! You are SO right I need to record this memory!!

Kim Strother said...
Hi Dedra- I do have questions for you!! Have you tried to sew on anything else, like acrylic or chipboard, and if so do you use the same needle?? And how many different stiches does your sewing machine have and how much did it cost???

And on a different note, congrats to your giveaway winners. Will you please post your layout from last weeks paperclipping!!!

Thank you for all the info!!


Hi there Amy....
I have not tried to sew on acrylic but I have sewn on chipboard, the secret that has worked for me is making sure my needle is clean....I do use the same needle....It is a heavy duty needle the kind you use to sew denim and heavy fabrics....
My sewing machine has 20 different stitches....I bought this machine at Target for $79.99 I believe....It is a "Shark", it's back by the ironing boards, hangers etc.

The Paperclipping layout is below just for you Kim!!!!
Hugs!

Suz said...
I love the CT layout. Did you write on your machine? lol

I love the way you make a stitched line under your journaling - that is a wonderful touch.


You better believe I did Suz....It was the only way to get past the fear of that machine! LOL!!
Thanks Suz!! I think I've become addicted to the stitched journaling....

Chere said...
Love the idea of posting notes on the machine. I still have to pull out the book. I am a little slow or maybe it's a blonde thing. LOL!


Your too funny Chere!! I had to put in on my calendar so I dedicated the time to really SIT down and I also called my Mom ahead of time and asked if she could stop by....The things we do for this hobby we love...LOL!!

Noell-Hyman said...
Wow, I'm so impressed, Dedra! I love what you did and how functional it is! It looks great. So inspiring.

Aiden's birthday party is just a few days after St. Patrick's Day and since it's one of his favorite holidays and green is his favorite color, we're going with a green theme and I plan to buy some St. Patrick's stuff on clearance. You've given me a bit of inspiration! Thank you!

I'm going to tweet a link to your post on twitter a little later today. =)

--Noell


Thanks Noell....Your always SO good to me....Tell Adian "Happy belated Birthday" for us....
Hugs!

Noell-Hyman said...
Girl, maybe you can give a warning next time you're going to make me tear up while I'm sitting here with my family.

I love the beautiful red ribbon on this layout with those flowers. I'm so sorry about what happened to your best friend...and to you.

Hugs,

--Noell
Paperclipping


Next time I will post a warning...I promise!!!!
;-)

Eileen said...
You are SO in my heart Ms. Long. I've recently been in touch with my best friend from high school. Remembering those days, and how our lives were intertwined, completely overwhelms me. I don't know that I could have dealt with losing her, and I wish that you didn't have to either.

xxo


Thanks Eileen!! It is amazing how impactful people are in our lives....This layout was very straight from my heart....
Tell your friends how much they mean to you K?
Hugs!

Lesley said...
Hello Dedra.
what a powerful LO, i really admire that you scrap right from the heart, it is incredibly touching. i had a similar experience when i was at school and it leaves deep scars etched with grief. thanks for sharing. x


I really do believe that journaling is just as important or more important than the photos in some instances....I'm so sorry you also had a similar experience, I agree it does leave deep scars....

Jennifer said...
Oh Dedra, I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the "what would you be like now" feelings. I am sending this to my best friend; I want to pay-it-forward, the love the friendship I have for my dearests. Beautiful layout too...I hate to be technical with such a sentimental layout, but what flowers did you use? DId you alter them at all? They are AMAZING. HUGS to you on a tough day. --Jennibug


That is prefect Jennifer..please pay it forward and let your friends know how much you adore the relationship you share....
No worries, the flowers I used are from Prima....I added a clear button and a jewel in the center of each one....
Hugs!

Suz said...
What an amazing heartfelt layout Dedra. It's so moving. I can't imagine how hard it was for you to go thur that & even now to scrap it. Those are the kind of layouts that have tear stains while creating.

I'm so sorry what happened to your friend. You can see from your writing that she's still with you in your heart.

Hugs,
Suz


When I read your comment Suz, it was like you were reading my mind before I started the layout....I knew if I did not take the time to go back and re-live the notes and the funeral poems I was going to cry on my tribute to Brantley....
Before I started putting the layout together I went back and read everything....Tears were streaming and Jon asked what in the world I was doing....When he saw the notes from Brantley he knew....
After going through that process the journaling flowed right out of my heart....I do think of her all the time....
Thanks Suz!!!!

Kathy Floen said...
D-

LOVE IT! :) Will you be watching Paperclipping this tues? I may have to run out and get some of those eggs! :)

Hugs-
Kathy


Oh yes Kathy....I will be watching Mrs. Noell on Tuesday!!!!
;-)

Tiffany said...
Oh, I love it. I have to get some jars or something to do that with. What great ideas!!! Keep them coming!!!


Thanks Tiffany....If you have a Michaels around you that is where I got the big glass jar and I used a 40% off coupon....
The smaller ones I got at Ross....Good luck!!!!
Hugs....

Here ya go Kim....
This is the layout I was not able to finish on Paperclipping LIVE....I'm not sure if Noell will put it on her site....She might though!
Let me know whatcha' think!!





Supplies: Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins, Bazzill, Stamp, Chipboard Charm, Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Flower, Pins, Buttons

Early this week I'll be back with the rest of the Easter decorations....
HUGS to you all!!!!
D.

6 comments:

Suz said...

I love the personal touch you've added to the site by commenting on our comments. You're great!

You got me tearing up again reading about your friend...

It's great to see the finished layout. I ducked out before you all were off the air (It might be the my noteboook but I have such a hard time hearing when you're on the show so hopefully with the new mike I'll be able to hear & not just see what's going on)

I love all those circles & the flower is the perfect finishing touch. Is it one of the accordian type ones I see on the stampin' up websites?

Kathy Floen said...

Dedra-

I read all the comments you commented on and love that you took the time to do that! :) I missed the LO you did on Brantley (sp?) and am gonna look for it. It sounds like it touched a lot of people.

I LOVED the outcome of your Paperclipping Teresa Collins LO! :) So creative and beautiful! :)

Hugs-
Kathy Floen

Kim Strother said...

Thank you for posting your layout Dedra. I love it!!! It amazes me that even in the photo you can tell the layout has so much dimension and depth. I love the detail you put into making every layout.

I also love your easter grass and will be stealing this idea. Thank you for all your inspiration!

Tiffany said...

I love your flower!!! You have to show us how you did that. I also love the pin. Great job on the layout. I also love the circles around the edges.

Amy Coon said...

OK I love what you came up with on your paperclipping layout so full o'style! I am waiting on the edge of my seat for some good "D" style Easter loot as well so get to it girl can't wait!

The Red Recruiter said...

It's great that you respond to comments Dedra!

I hope that you are well.

Michael