Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Welcome April....

and the last of the Easter Home Decor....Thanks for being patient....
This was such a fun and easy project...











When I was creating this Easter garland I realized that I wanted to keep it hanging past Easter....
So, I glittered up the extra letters I needed in order to create the word Spring....
I added Velcro to each piece of the garland and I also added Velcro to the backs of each letter....
The only Velcro I had on hand was in strips so I just cut the strips into the pieces I needed for this project....
Now I can leave this hanging after Easter and through Spring....



This now hangs above my other Easter Home Decor in the Dining Room....

Even though I still had some Making Memories embellishments left over I converted the embellishment box into a shadow box....I created an Easter Egg collage....
Super easy and fast....





Not to long ago I starting answering comments that were left here....I wanted to have a "personal" feel and I'm going to continue doing that....I have come across another thing that I have noticed and loved in the blogs of other artists....
I have not come across anyone who has not heard of Ali Edwards and just like everyone else I frequent her blog....
Sometimes when I'm looking at a project or layout that she has shared I find myself saying: "HHmmm, I wonder what product she used and where I can get it"....I also noticed that she will sometimes give a supply list at the bottom of her entry and I LOVE it....So, I think I want to start doing that as well....

These are some of the products I used for the Easter Home Decor projects I designed for Scrapbook.com

Supplies: Making Memories Embellishment Box, Layered Button Flowers, Brads, Patterned Paper, Banner, Alcohol Inks, Glitter, Glitter Glue, Diamond Glaze, Chipboard Letters

You can also find the video for these projects here.

If you have made it this far down the post, Thank You!!!! If you have any questions just leave me a comment!!!!
I'm on my way back to the land of the healthy....I hate being sick!
Be back soon!
Hugs...
D.

6 comments:

Kathy Floen said...

Dedra- I loved your Easter Garland! You do beautiful work girl! :) The shadowbox is just as lovely! :)

Rest up and just breathe! :) I thought it was weird I didn't see you blogging. :)

Hugs-Kathy

Tiffany said...

Dedra, Thanks for leaving the product list. I wonder that too sometimes when I look at a project, I'm like I would love to do that but what the heck did they use. I love the garland and especially since you can leave it up all spring.

Lesley said...

get well soon girl. your easer garland is super, love it! gotta get me a scalloped circle punch, its just so pretty.

Kim Strother said...

Dedra- I wish you posted more often because it is always worth the wait to see the wonderful things you have made. The easter garland is great, love the texture!
xo
Kim

Charlotte said...

Dedra, once again I stand amazed at your talent. Thank you for sharing with us your time and talent. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

I love the Garland....so adorable and fun!