Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy, Busy....

Do you ever feel as though you come home from work and it's right into the evening routine? I'm positive I'm not the only one....
That is how I'm feeling....Don't get me wrong my family is first and foremost....It's the laundry, bills (Yuk!) and all of the little things that add up....The time I treasure most is dinner, watching Jon and Ellie study words, reading Ellie's books and seeing Shelby become a young lady right before my eyes.....
The next couple of weeks I'm going to break the cycle....
I have a list of "inspirational places" to go here in the east valley to shake it up and give me a shot of creativity....
I have been creating but nothing I can share quite yet....
AND I'm not the only one creating around here....
Since I can't share anything yet, I will share Ellie's masterpiece....Watching her in my studio with a chair she has drug over to my workbench, standing on top of it and gathering all the bits and pieces she wants to use....It is so awesome....

So, here is one of her creations and I have decided that I need to design an album for her to put her pages in....something seperate from her school art, tests, accomplishments etc....



The part I love is the 3D foam squares....A girl after my own heart....I have to have dimension on my layouts/projects....
and the funny thing is she doesn't care if you can see the foam squares or not....That is what I love about children, they do what they love....



Gotta Go, Jon just walked through the door and it's dinner time....Yum!!!!
I'll be back on Wednesday....promise!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa T. Howard said...

Ellie's creation is beautiful! Such an awesome thing when our little ones want to "do what we do". I've missed seeing your projects and hearing what's going on in your world, but I TOTALLY understand how busy-ness gets in the way. You have your priorities right - family first! The rest always takes care of itself.

The Red Recruiter said...

I remember when Ellie was a baby and she would line up anything she could get her hands on in a train-like pattern. I didn't realize that she was writing already... Perhaps I'm out of touch, but I'm totally impressed!

Tell Jon and the girls hello!

elina said...

this is adorable!!!

Suz said...

She's as talented as her mom!