Saturday, January 31, 2009

Settling back in....and a sneak peek....

with piles of laundry, house cleaning and spending time with the girls.....
Jon and I had a blast at CHA....



I kept telling him how happy I was that he could be there and experience it with me....
I think now he has a new found appreciation for all of the talented ladies in this industry....



Oh, yes....I can't forget Tim Holtz....Jon thought he was funny and a true artist.....
We watched Tim for awhile and it was one of the highlights of the show....Tim makes everything look so effortless....
As we walked into the Tim Holtz booth one thing that immediately caught my eye was this dress form full of grungeboard flowers....Um yeah....I was thinking to myself: "I could spend an entire afternoon with just sheets of grungeboard, inks, punches and go to town...."



That might be something that happens in the near future.....
Another thing that caught my eye was the new ornate plates by Tim....I saw these and endless possibilities started racing through my head....



Ummm....the new alcohol inks....Be still my heart!!!! Enough said....LOL!



Next, was Heidi Swapp and once I saw her new chipboard sheet invisibles, I thought "When I get home I must buy all the inks I can get my hands on...." These are seriously cool and Heidi now has 2 videos on her blog as demonstrations....



Pink Paislee and the woodgrain paper.....Super cute!!!!



Hambly and being able to see the talented Dina Wakley's work up close and personal!!!! Such a treat!!!!



I also got to see Ali Edwards work as well....truely awesome!!!!



It was also such an honor to have my books and work displayed in Teresa's booth right next to hers....
She is such an amazing lady....Down to earth and SO thoughtful and sweet....I could go on and on, really!!!!!



I wish I would have gotten a picture of Jenni Bowlin's booth....Jon and I were so lucky to meet Jared (her husband) and he was gracious enough to take us around the booth....He was wonderful.....
AND the new release is already available at www.scrapbook.com
SO, if her products are your style I would hurry and pick them up because I'm sure it won't be long until there are gone....
Note to self: "I need to go and finish my cart, so I can pick mine up too..."

Well, I have more photos from CHA but this is all I can manage right now....the next load of laundry is waiting to be folded and put away.....SO, if there is something in particular you would like to see let me know and I will see if I have a photo for it.....
My next post I want to answer questions and leave some love for those of you who visit here....I like letting you know that I read all of your comments and seeing your posts make my day!!!!

Oh, before I go I have a little sneak peek of a layout I created last night for www.creativetherapy.com



I will post the entire layout tomorrow once it's up on their site.....
I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!!!!
Hugs....
D.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time & that's so neat you went with your hubby. Great stuff on the horizon - can't wait to start seeing it in stores. Thanks for sharing Dedra

Noell-Hyman said...

I'm so happy for you to have been able to go, Dedra! Your pictures are great, too...got to see stuff in a way that I hadn't seen on anyone else's blog.

I'm looking forward to H.S.'s invisibles, too. I'll need to finally learn about Tim's inks now. =)

Did you see Donna Downey's fabric book? I'm really excited for that.

While you were gone I spent some time posting what I liked so far from CHA and I linked to your blog post and Twittered it, too (with a link ) to share what you'd done with the Theresa Collins lines. I hope you got some new blog-love from it.

Lisa T. Howard said...

Saw your project on the Creative Therapy site...just beautiful! Hope you had a great anniversary trip. I would consider CHA a great anniversary present...LOL!

Shelley Haganman said...

Thanks for sharing your CHA experience Dedra. The flowers on that dressform were by Wendy Vecchi! I am on the Maya Road DT with her and recognized it immediately! Isn't she incredible!! I enjoyed your layout!