Sunday, January 04, 2009

Putting away....



the Christmas decorations.....Everything has been taken down until next year....The house has been dusted and cleaned....The laundry washed, folded and put away....
It's amazing after the holidays have come and gone I realize how bare the house looks.....
I have been thinking a lot lately about home decor, making our home even more cozy.....more personal....
Hanging more art and photos on the wall....discovering myself and expressing more of that in our house....

Spending more time here on my blog with all of you fantabulous ladies.....

Sasha said...
LOVE the LO and love the heartfelt journaling, that is one of my many things that I HAVE to do .. love it .. and love telling a story and emotions on paper ..

way to rock it


Thank You Sasha for leaving a comment here....Another thing I want to concentrate more on this year...Really telling the story!!! More Journaling.....
I spent some time on your site and I agree with your view on how the industry can be....Your entry below....

January 02, 2009
In this industry ...
YOU HAVE TO ...

.... stay true to who you are, your work and your techniques

.... never forget where you came from and where you once started out in the beginning

.... appreciate those that you inspire and continue to be positive with them and for them

.... never let your head get bigger than a bowling ball because the shit is not cute

.... take the time to reach out to more than just the big names but to those that you CAN relate too

.... never let this industry make you feel you are not good enough just because someone shredded their paper versus keeping the lines straight

.... never over work yourself, lose the fun in it, stop scrapping for you..go for things you believe in.

....never apologize for wanting to be on a Design Team, wanting to be published.

....never let it get you down or stop you after someone tells you something similiar to what was said to me "your style is just not what folks are looking for, but you ROCK non-the-less, I just doubt I ever see you in Creating Keepsakes and Memory Makers, because well .. you are just not commercial" .. WOW! I know right .. but dont worry I laughed at the non-sense and pressed on with my day ..

....but this is what you should do ..

LAUGH, CREATE AND SHARE .. because it is all about what makes you happy in the end.


When I read this post on Sasha's blog I could totally relate....

Eileen said...
Oh, that picture of your girls is just adorable!!


Thanks Eileen....You're always the sweetest!!!!

Kim Strother said...
Your layouts always inspire me Dedra! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!


Thanks Kim....I love hearing that....and I hope you had a wonderful Holiday season with family and friends....
Hugs to you!!!!

Hope you all have a great Monday!!!!
Hugs....
D.

6 comments:

luvzenkm2 (Leea) said...

I found myself too, this weekend putting up more things pictures on the walls (the painter comes in 2 weeks he is gonna love me) Here is to a wonderful New Year of Scrappiness!

Katie Watson said...

Miss you Miss D!! You and I are kindred, you know...different but... oh so the same... Love you and your work..it's elegant, simple and makes a statement! And when are you coming to San Diego?????? I have a perfect store in mind for you to teach at! We have a guest bed!

Suz said...

I just posted on my blog then came to visit yours... thanks for boosting my spirits with your list - the perfect thing I needed to hear.

You are so talented & I love how creative you are. You're unique & think outside the box that the industry sometimes doesn't.. I get more inspiration from your layouts & other blogs than many of the scrapbooking magazines.

Glad you and the family are better & I hope you have a fabulous 2009!

Queen of Paper said...

This is such a great uplifting post! Thanks for sharing and PS...I LOVE THIS PHOTOS!

Mye said...

Hi Dedra. Just wanted to stop in. I need to know if you still want to continue the CJ Aleida started. If not it's totally okay we just haven't heard from you, please email me at myemurrell@gmail.com

Suz said...

Hi Dedra. Missed you at paperclipping tonight - you must be really busy with CHA stuff because you haven't updated your blog either.... almost as bad as me lol.

Take care