Thursday, December 04, 2008

Some things....

I'm loving right now....
Teresa Collins "Crush" line (I know I have already said this) but you can now find the entire line here:
CRUSH

I created the layout below for this weeks Creative Therapy....Emily Falconbridge is the guest designer....
In the layout below I used Teresa's pink houndstooth patterned paper, her 8 x 8 transparency and then I used a die cut from her Bella line as a mask with some Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink....
These are some of the products I'm addicted to right now....





The funny thing is I was up late on Friday night doing this layout and the next morning Jon woke up and said: "Honey, we have blue rocks in the yard"....Yep...That was me with the alcohol ink and now he is never surprised at the sacrifices that will be made in the name of scrapbooking....I mean really a fabulous layout with blue rocks as a result is the answer....LOL!!

Also, I'm in love with Ali's daily December Album....I know she has been doing this for at least a couple of years and if you know me I'm addicted to mini albums so this is right up my alley....
I have been in love with her idea from the first time she created it and this year I'm determined to do it....
So, I will be sharing mine soon....

Some awesome comments that have been left recently:

Hi Dedra- kdgirl here! I love your layout, very touching journaling. Did you use the glimmer mist mask on this? I just got all the masks and 7 colors of glimmer mist...I can't wait to use them...and your layout is great inspiration!

Hi there Kim, It's great to hear from you: While I LOVE glimmer mist depending on the color it is a very light, what I would call "tinting"....I like using the Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink because I like a bolder defintion....so I used the butterscotch alcohol ink and the new Tim Holtz flourish mask....You can find the mask and alcohol ink here: Tim Holtz

You just keep growing there, Dedra. You're a survivor...and a beautiful one at that.

Thanks Eileen, you;re a sweetheart!!!! Now I want to see some projects with your new Bind it All!!!!

Wow, this layout is so beautiful! And, unfortunately hits close to home for me.
I have absolutely decided moving forward is BEST!


Hi Christine....I COMPLETELY agree and this journaling was totally from my heart....NO holding back....

Thanks for sharing so much of yourself on this LO. I look forward to visiting your blog again.

Thanks so much Mel....Please stop by anytime!!!!

YOU GO GIRL saw you featured on T. Collins website today!!!! loved your stuff see your getting your groove I knew it all along. Happy Holidays and keep your awesome stuff coming!!!!
Luv Amy C


Hey there Mrs. Amy....So nice to hear from you girl!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family....BIG HUGS!!!

What a beautiful, touching page. Thank you for sharing it hun!

I hope you & your beautiful girls are well & happy?
Hugs
Kim


Hey Kim....I know you're going into the summer....yep me and my girls are happy!!!!
It's awesome hearing from you!!!! Hugs to you girl!!!!

I totally get why Teresa Collins contacted you! It's a perfect match. I mean, oh my gosh, look what you did with her line!

Those transparent circles with the flourish on the inside and the words on the outside are gorgeous!!! Are they part of her line?

--Noell
Paperclipping.com


Hey Noell....you always make me smile....I also believe Teresa and I are a perfect match and yes that is the 8 x 8 transparency from her new line "Crush"....you can see it here: "Crush"
We have to get together again very soon!!!! Tell Israel and the kids "Hello"....

Love, love, LOVE the album and boxes - I don't know how you can keep outdoing yourself, but you do!

And your girl's layout! Wow... I think she's got her mama's talent!


Thanks Lauren...you're so sweet!!!! Ellie is still adding to her "layout" I think she has my terminology down as well....

Oh, wow! so so gorgeous! I love your work. You did a fabulous job with the Crush goodies. so beautiful. Sudie

Thanks Sudie....You and I have to touch base girl!!!! You're kits are off the hook!!!!

Thank you all so much for leaving me love...I read EVERYTHING!!!! You girls always make my day when I read your comments....

Tomorrow night we are headed to Sedona, AZ, for what we now call "Thanksmas"....Sedona is about 2.5 hours north and SO MUCH colder....SERIOUSLY....
So, I hope everyone has a great weekend....
HUGS....
Dedra

6 comments:

Eileen said...

I love the colors in this layout. The use of the clock and the swirls is perfect. Looks just like you!

luv, luv, luv!!!

lauren said...

Thanks for the loves. It was sweet! I like to leave comments for other people because I know I enjoy when I get them, so others would to, right??? :)

LOVE the masking... you did that with alcohol inks??? After this post and TIm Holtz tag for today, I may have to break down and buy some of these bad boys so I can give them a try! Take care!

Suz said...

Wow Dedra that is an amazing layout. I really like the way you used the mask...

Congrats on being featured on Teresa Collins blog you really make her products something special.

Hope you have a great weekend

Kim S said...

Hey Dedra- thatnks for answering my question about the mask. I want to try the Tim Holtz masks and alcohol inks, but don't have his yet. But I am loving his 12 days of christmas tags. Too cool!

Love your new layout and can't wait to see your December Daily. I'm doing it too, and added my version of one of Tim Holtz's tags to it.

Happy Holidays!

Queen of Paper said...

That is SUCH a cute lo!!!! I love the blue paint and the way it frames the clocks! so super cool looking

Dina said...

Cute, cute...merry Christmas, Dedra! We still have to get together one of these days.