Sunday, December 28, 2008

Excitement....



I love the excitement of Christmas morning....The girls waking us up full of anticipation and joy....It is the best!!!
Shelby is really into clothes, at 12 almost 13 the only "toys" she really asked for was a particular Wii game....
Other than that it was all clothes and shoes....I still can't believe she wears a size 10.5 shoe....CRAZY!
As each day goes by I see her changing so much....She is no longer our little girl....
Even though I miss my little girl I KNOW there are so many wonderful things ahead for her....She is an amazing child!

Ellie turned 6 and all she wanted for Christmas and her birthday was Littlest Pet Shop....So, she was thrilled that for the most part that is what she received....She also LOVES to draw, color and she loves pictures....When I print out photos sometimes I have to re-print for one reason or another and recently Ellie will say: "Mommy, can I please use this picture for my layout?"....
The first time she said that I was like "Huh"....BUT she was serious....
I have over heard Ellie telling Jon: "Daddy, I want to scrapbook like Mommy!"
It melts my heart every time....
Now, when I have a deadline and Jon takes the girls to the park while I have studio time, Ellie will say: "Mommy, have fun with your layout!"
So, Ellie said her best Christmas present was the Littlest Pet Shop Scrapbook Kit Jon and I got for her....It even came with a camera....

The last few days have been spent here with family and friends....Jon and I love to host get togethers....and I have been feeling a little under the weather....BUT I have been enjoying the most wonderful time of year!!!!
I hope you were able to as well....

I'll leave you with the layout I created for challenge #42 (it's the last one for this year) over at Creative Therapy....
The challenge is: "What was the best moment of your life (so far)?"
I thought about this one for awhile and decided that one moment wasn't enough for me so I chose the moments that touched my heart and "completes me"....
Check it out and take the challenge if you can....the giveaway is a good one!



The journaling reads:
At the age of 34 I have experienced 2 major moments
that have touched my heart like no other....these moments in a way
completed me, made me feel "whole"....Jon:
marrying you and having you as a best friend and a partner in our journey
brings tears to my eyes....I could not have done this with anyone else....
Girls: being blessed to bring you both into our lives....beautiful, healthy and happy....
I'm amazed everyday....12.2008....

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!!!
Big Hugs!!!!
Dedra

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, that picture of your girls is just adorable!!

Kim Strother said...

Your layouts always inspire me Dedra! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!

Mom said...

Test for Mom

Sasha said...

LOVE the LO and love the heartfelt journaling, that is one of my many things that I HAVE to do .. love it .. and love telling a story and emotions on paper ..

way to rock it