Sunday, November 02, 2008

Thank You....

for all of the great comments.....Without further ado the beautiful girl below picked the winners name....
and it is:



Eileen!! Send me an e.mail girl and I will get you hooked up with Karen's class....Congrats!!!

Noell with Paperclipping did a segment not to long ago about documenting yourself in your scrapbooks....
I did an altered book a few years ago titled "Me" and I know that sometimes it can be hard to document you....
When you start thinking about "you" being the subject of a minibook or layout many questions can arise....
Such as "where do I begin" or "what subjects do I cover" or "how do I capture what means most to me?"

I might have a solution to answer some of the burning questions that you may ask yourself....
I was asked about a year ago to do some guest design work for Creative Therapy and I loved it....
This site chooses a weekly catalyst to get you inspired in telling "your story"....
A new catalyst went up today and there are weekly RAKS given for those that create a piece of art, whether it is layout, minibook or altered art around that weeks catalyst....There is NO PRESSURE, you pick and choose the weeks that you want to participate....
Another great thing is creating an art journal or minibook dedicated to these catalysts and you will be on your way to creating and telling stories about "YOU"....
HHHMMMM....I think I might do this one myself....LOL!
Creative Therapy has some amazing designers like Debee Campos, Kerry Lynn Yeary, Katie Watson just to name a few....the guest designers ROCK as well...names like Rhonna Farrer. Kelli Crowe, Shimelle Laine, Melody Ross, Mou Saha to name a few....
I'm honored to have been asked by Karen to be apart of the design team, so you will be seeing more of my work there....

I know I also promised a little peek at the new basic ingredients for my next minibook....This one will have a simple re.occurring design for the inner pages and it is an accordion book by 7 gypsies with frames being the front and back covers....





Every time I put together a project like this I tell Jon that I need a webcam so I can show the process for these books up close and personal....So, if there is a minibook that you have seen and would love to have a little segment on how exactly it's done leave me a comment and I will add it to my list....
When I do get the webcam I will start with my list and work through it giving you step by step information....

Thanks for stopping by....
Be back soon....
Hugs!!!!
Dedra

4 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Dedra I use
Flip camera for my video turorials the quality cant compare with webcams :)

AshleyandJoshua said...

I love the Creative Therapy site! It is awesome; I have already found two catalysts that I want to make pages from. Thanks for sharing!

Eileen said...

OMG!!! I'm SO jazzed! I never win things! Whooohooo! Barb left me a message to get over here because I won something....thank you Dedra!! This is going to be so much fun!

You rock, lady! And thank that beautiful girl for picking my name!

Eileen said...

Hey, I wanted to come back and tell you how great I think that Creative Therapy site is. I get lost in there reading all the stories and looking at the artwork...and inspired. Unbelievably inspiring. Thanks for the link!!