Monday, September 08, 2008

New Beginnings....

the first dat at a new job....It's always been a hard thing for me....The unfamiliarity of it all....
I'm the type of gal that MUST know what I'm supposed to be doing....I THRIVE on procedure and I'm the one who is usually training a new person and not the other way around....
I have been on my feet all day literally and that is a HUGE change for me....My back and feet are killing me but you know to be honest I'm going to get in shape, good shape and my new job is fun....

When I got home this afternoon I looked around and the girls have made the living room a disaster area and I have SO many things on my to do list tonight, so I better get crackin'....

BUT I can't leave without posting a photo....So, in honor of new beginnings here is a snapshot of the next minibook cover and the elements I will be using (I'm loving foiled paper, such a cool texture)....hoping to get the cover completed tonight....(wish me luck LOL!)
I want to have this minibook available for sale by the end of the week....I'll give all the details once the minibook is posted in the store!!! I have a design bouncing around in my head for a cool accordian minibook, which I want to make available as soon as possible.....



I hope everyone had a great Monday....

Hugs...
Dedra

10 comments:

Noell-Hyman said...

Girl, you didn't tell us what your new job is! Spill it!

(And congratulations!)

Can't wait to see your book! I love the wine cork idea. So classy. I'm really excited about a minibook I'm preparing to start, too. I'm using one of Trinity's gorgeous flower girl dresses, with its ribbon rose buds and all.

Noell-Hyman said...

Did you noticed I got a blogger account? I'm not using it to blog, just to comment. =)

Amy Coon said...

Congrats Dedra on the new job I hope its a wonderful new adventure for you! Can't wait to see the next book love the "ingredients" you showed! You were great on paperclipping last Tues. So weird not having you in the chat to comment to though!! So is the job scrapbooking related? Like maybe shaking things up at the dreaded "store" you and Noell laugh about? I hope so sounds like they need you. Take care--think of you and our conversations often--you're a great inspiration and motivator for me I actually sent in 2 layouts to making memories this week probably won't hear anything but, so proud I actually did it! Take care hope to "see" you tomorrow in the chat!!! Amy

ScrapHappy said...

WHAT NEw JOB???

Christine said...

Congrats on your new job!!

Eileen said...

I can't wait to see the new book, Dedra. That frame looks HUGE!

I wish you the best in your new job! And like everyone else.....WHAT new job???

Amy Coon said...

Dedra
are you working for the FBI? On a secret mini book project???? Is that the big secret girl?
Amy Coon

ricanlaw said...

Okay, so many questions, spill it sister!

KJ-Starre said...

I didn't even know you had a new job, sounds all clandestine! Come on girl we all want details.

And I have to say I can see you are up to your DL magic again...that sneaky peek of your next mini looks so interesting. I can't wait to see the final product.
I hope the family adjusts to your schedule soon.
Thinking of you lots.
Kim
XXX

Dina said...

Dedra...are you okay? I know you & Aleida were good friends. I am thinking of you today. Hugs, love, and peace...much peace.