Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goodbye....



my beautiful friend....Aleida was sassy, creative and one of the most wonderful giving ladies I have ever had the priviledge of knowing....
She touched everyone around her and Aleida is someone I will NEVER forget....I will miss talking to her, her e.mails and her blog entries....She was truly one of a kind....

I found out on Friday after I got home from work....I had a ton of e.mails and I was wondering what was going on, but I had not opened my inbox yet because Ellie needed me...So, I walked away for a moment....When I came back and opened my inbox I could not believe what I was reading....So, tragic....

Noell called me to see if I was OK....Thank you Noell!!!
So, all weekend I have thought of Brandon, Joshua and Isabella and how life can be so unpredictable....One minute we are here and the next minute we could be gone....Needless to say I have held onto Jon and the girls a little harder this weekend.....

Her entry into my circle journal was one of the last things she worked on....It will be another 9 months before I get it back and I will post it in her honor as soon as I receive it....
On of the last blog entries she posted was that of the circle journal entry she had done...So, you can also see it here....
Brandon, her husband, posted the entry below letting everyone know what had happened....
If you could please say a little prayer for him and the kids I would really appreciate it....

Hello everyone. This is Aleida's husband, Brandon. Today has been a very tough day for me and the kids. Nothing in life can prepare you for when something like this happens, and I'm not sure what I am going to do, but I am trying to remain strong for Joshua and Isabella.

At 8am I receved a phone call from a lady at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas, TX. I had just arrived at work, so when I saw Aleida's number pop up, I figured she was going to tell me that she just arrived at work also.

The lady told me her name and asked if I was related to Aleida or a friend. I knew right then that something had gone terribly wrong. She could not tell me anything, but told me to come to the ER as soon as I could. My boss took me to the ER and they immediately took me to a Consult room and I knew that she had died.

The sheriff told me the preliminary police report. She was on Olive Street and Woodall Rodgers waiting for the light to turn green. It turned green and she proceeded through the intersection. Someone ran their red light and t-boned into her car and they say that she died instantly from head trauma.

As difficult as it is for me to sit here and write this email, you all were her world and I think she would want you to know what happened to her. Please hear me.....you all were her world. She lived, breathed and loved to scrapbook. It drove me nuts but if it made her happy I was all for it.

The medical examiner will most likely call me on Monday and that is when I will have arrangement details (I hope anyway). I will let you all know as soon as I can as I know some of you have already contacted me via phone expressing an interested to do something.

I don't know what else to say. I'm sad. Very sad. I'm scared. Very scared. I just don't know why this happened. Thank you all for being there for Aleida. She loved you all very much!

Also, if you go here you can take a look at what Studio Calico is doing in her honor....

Thank you again for checking in on me, I have met some of the most wonderful, giving and loving ladies, you guys here and everywhere through this great thing we share...scrapbooking....
Stay safe and big hugs to everyone!!!!

Dedra

8 comments:

ScrapHappy said...

Oh, Dedra-
I did not know her but my heart breaks for her and her friends and family.
Hugs.
xoxox
L

terri : bradford web designs, llc said...

I am so sorry, Dedra... how incredibly sad, and a forceful reminder to "live in the moment"... my heart breaks for her family and friends. I bet they are holding dear to every scrapbook thing she created and lives she touched. ((HUGS))

KJ-Starre said...

Oh my goodness...this whole thing is SO sad! I am SO sorry for your loss my dear friend...I wish I lived nearer to you.
I didn't know her other than a couple of comments on her blog...but when you share someone's life through their blog...you feel like you know them don't you.

Know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.
Hugs x100
XX

Eileen said...

I know Aleida loved you very much, Dedra. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you, to Aleida's family, and to everyone that has been touched by her.

Suz said...

When something like this happens you really see how fragile life is...

I'm praying for you, her family & friends. I can't imagine how hard it will be for them. She was a wonderful talented sweet lady & will be greatly missed by so many.

Christine said...

Oh Dedra, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend! :(
I will say a prayer for you and her family.

Sudie said...

Dedra, I am so sorry. It was incredibly sad news when I heard that she had passed away. It is a terrible loss to the scrapbooking community. I know that she had many good friends. Glad to know that you were one of her friends. Hugs, Sudie

2 Worlds said...

Dedra thanks for you visit , I know you from paper clipping live, I always see the recorded version.
Thanks again