Sunday, August 10, 2008

So, what.....

gets you excited about creating....whether it's a minibook or layout....anything!
I won't deny that I have not created anything this last week....My studio looks like a bomb went off
and both of my girls started school last week....to be honest I just haven't been feeling the creative vibe the last
few days....

So, today I was looking around at all the stuff that needs to be dealt with in the studio before I can move on
and I found the need to surround myself with things that inspire me, motivate me, get me excited to create....
One of the things that get me excited is door knobs and drawer pulls....LOVE them....
When I purchase one or a few LOL, I want to immediately go home and make something....
I'm not sure what my fascination is with the little beauties but they get me going....



I have a lot of new things in the works and I'm starting to get excited and a bit nervous but that
happens with anything your unfamiliar with....I gotta keep moving forward....

What gets your creative juices going? I would love to hear....or um, read about you and your creative needs....
Hugs...
Dedra

7 comments:

Barb said...

As with most scrappers, I love to give my work away. Giving things away sets my juices flowing! When I see how much joy it gives I can not wait to get home and find another "project" to get going on!

While making things to keep for your own enjoyment is fun...to me there is nothing compared to seeing the smile on faces as they look at what you have just given them and have to feel all the embellies. It is just too precious!

2H Design said...

oooh... those little knob goodies look like fuN!

KJ-Starre said...

Heehee! you are a true creative girl....doorknobs??? They are really cool though....especially if they are really ornate & out of all the people I know, you definitely take the prize for turning them into scrappy heaven on your mini's.
If I'm honest....I would have to say that don't have anything specific that gets me going creatively.....although I do LOVE fonts & retro design....& old typewriters. My printed papers 'speak' to me first before I start & L.O....weird hey? It is supposed to be the photographs.
Hope you are having a lovely day.
Hugs
Kim.

ricanlaw said...

I love the doorknobs too. When I clean or reorganize my scrapstuff gets me going, or when an idea pops in my head. I love coming here. Your cj is amazing and I'm afraid of it at the moment. Hopefully an idea will strike me soon.

Eileen said...

Looking at layouts at Two Peas always makes me want to create something. I particularly like mini books....there's this lady that made a book with a doorknob on it. Can you imagine? A doorknob!!!! Way cool.

{{hugs}}

Suz said...

I was in a bit of a non creative mood last week - don't know if it was because of the crop the weekend before & I was burned out or just had too many ideas swimming around in my head & didn't know where to start.

Visiting your blog & others always gives me inspiration......

Wow those knobs are amazing.... I just used one on a mini album yesterday but mine look shabby compared to them...

Amy Coon said...

ok this is a comment on your last comment to the paperclipping blog "What are you talking about you wish you could explain your project process better?!?!?!?!" Seriously I feel like you explained more to me in one phone conversation about just that than anyone I have ever come across! You ARE THE ONLY ONE HOLDING YOURSELF BACK GIRL YOU GOT SKILLS!!!! I had to yell that at you as a dear friend would!!!! Amy Coon