Saturday, August 30, 2008

It never ceases to....

amaze me how many wonderful, supportive, crazy talented and giving ladies there are out there....Kim Watson and I have been blogging buddies for awhile and she is just one of the most thoughtful ladies out there....A few months back, out of no where, I received a package in the mail from Kim....Shelby had checked the mail that day and came through the front door saying, "Mom, who do you know in South Africa?" (In that pre.teen tone)
It took me a moment and then I thought of Kim....I opened the package and there was a handmade card that said "Hello"....
Aren't unexpected cards just one of the wonderful things in life?
Also, inside was a keychain....and not just any old keychain, but a cool, heavy, and full of jump rings....Not a key chain you could get here in the states....
It has been on my keys since the day I got it and I think of her everytime I hold my keys!!!
What a great friend and this great friend is also a crazy talented scrapper and it is an honor that she would do a little ol' post about me on her blog....THANK You Kim!!!! Please head over to her blog and check out the eye candy....Oh yes, she also does challenges there as well!!!!

AND a I'm so thrilled that Eileen got her minibook in the mail safe and sound!!! Eileen is another friend who is so supportive and always sends me notes of congratulations and praise when I have a publication come out....She is truly spectacular!!!!
Thank you to Eileen for the wonderful post you have written....So, go check out Eileen's blog....She has more amazing scrapping friends you might not have discovered yet!!!!

I read ALOT of blogs...You start on one blog and before you know it you are hopping from one to the next, totally inspired and no end in site....Sometimes I can loose track of time LOL....
I have read some blogs where the comments that were left were responded to in the next post....I LOVE this idea and I think I'm going to start doing that here....
I love that when I leave a comment on someone's blog, they will acknowledge and respond to it....
Verses leaving a comment and never really hearing from that person....
To me, responding becomes a personal experience and getting to know all of you wonderful ladies that visit here....

So, I will start that now and I hope this is something that you enjoy....

Christine said...
Hi Dedra.
Okay- I have to admit, I see posts about circle journals all the time and I had NO idea what one actually was! ((hiding my head in shame!))
Everyone just adds to the theme their own personal take on it? Am I close ?? LOL

Also, I love that everything you do has some sort of "girly" spin to it. The jewels or the pretty scrolls....very unique in how you use them!


Hi Christine....
You got it!!!! We have 10 ladies in our group and in the beginning we all pick a theme for our minibook, we include an "instruction" sheet so to speak....We create the first entry in our album and then we ship it out to the next lady on our list....
All ten ladies will create an entry in the book and in 10 months, when I receive my journal back it will be complete....
The journal below is from Mye and that was my entry I created in her journal....
My book has already been shipped to Aleida....Hopefully she will post her entry that she created on her blog...I don't think I could wait 10 months LOL.....
No need to hide your head in shame LOL!!!
There is no doubt about it I LOVE swirls and I have been addicted to Stickles since it was first introduced in the industry!!!!
Thank you for noticing!!!! Hugs...

KJ-Starre said...
Heehee! I'm with Christine....who does the journal actually belong too?

I love your entry tho....very 'Dedra' :o)
My sewing machine is also my bestest scrappy friend...I named her 'the old dear' because even though she is computerized, she is about 14 years old.
Pop over to my blog :o)


Thanks Kim!!! for the wonderful post, you're the sweetest!!! "Old Dear", that name put a smile on my face....
Hugs...

Marfa said...
Kim was praising you on her blog...so I had to come see. Does your sewing machine do curves easily? I can't do it with mine, so have to stitch something by hand if that's what I really want...


Thank for stopping by Marfa!!! For curves or circles I still use my sewing machine....the only way I can do the curves or circles is to lift the "foot" up and go slowly so the thread doesn't break or skip.....Hopefully that makes sense.....
Hugs...

Queen of Paper said...
I also love to sew on my lo's. I think it adds so much to a lo!


I agree Heidi...it adds such a "homemade" feeling....Love your blog by the way!!!
Hugs....

Eileen said...
Look at those pages....they're so Dedra!

UPS delivered the book today and I'm so stoked I don't know where to turn first! Tell this person...write that person...TAKE PICTURES! I love it! Absolutely love every inch of it! It looks fabulous just sitting on my coffee table! It's stunning to see it in person.

Thank you, dear Dedra, for sharing your art with me.

{{{{{major hugs}}}}}


I'm completely thrilled that you love that minibook as much as I do....These minibooks are like my babies, seriously....
Hugs...

ScrapHappy said...
I love how you wrote notes on the machine... that is so cute! :)


Hi there Lain....I always love hearing from you girl!!! We HAVE to hang out in Sept. when you're here for the convention....My birthday is Sept. 14th and that would be an awesome gift....Hanging out with you and Noell.....
You know the writing on my sewing machine is actually a funny story....When I first got the machine from Jon as a gift I was TERRIFIED....I had NO idea where to start....but my Mom is just the greatest and offered to show me the "ropes"....So, she came over and I swear I looked at her and said "How am I going to remember ALL of these steps"....
She said "Oh honey it will be fine" and I said "Oh, I don't think so..."
So. I looked at her and asked her to write on the machine....She looked back at me like I was CRAZY....but she did it...
and I have the steps down pat but there were more than a few times I looked at those notes....LOL!!!
Hugs....



In other news: I was finally able to pick up a copy of this AMAZING book.....
I think CK did a great job showcasing the albums....The photography is great....
So, go pick up your copy of Ali Edwards: Sharing your story there are some GREAT ideas in there for everyone from advanced to simple....

If you made it this far in the post I think YOU deserve an award.....
I hope everyone has an awesome holiday weekend!!!!

Hugs...
Dedra

6 comments:

Eileen said...

YOU ARE SO COOL, DEDRA LONG.

LUV U!!!

ricanlaw said...

I love you. I know that sounds extreme, but dang I do....love the work you put out, the level of your creativity amazes me....but most of you, your kindness. Thank you Dedra. I like the question answer segment.

Loreluca said...

WOWSERS, lady! You are sold out!!! Nice! Isn't kim such a jewel? I read all about you in her Blogeroo, and I totally had to come and see... I am not disappointed! I'll have to come back for more!
Lots of hugs!

KJ-Starre said...

Morning! Wow! what a lovely post *blush* ....I even had Noell post a comment on my blog :o)
You are so very welcome....& I am thrilled as ever that you sold your first album....now for no. 2 & 3 & 10 heehee!

Blogging has transformed the world of isolation hasn't it...I have made so many sweet amazing friends through cyber space, who are encouraging & supportive....like you :o)
Have a great day!
XXX

ricanlaw said...

I can't wait to get that book! Ah.
Check out my site as I left something for you there my friend.

Christine said...

Woo hooo....I got the first comment response!! I feel really special now! LOL
I love that you left a response! It is nice to see that your questions aren't lost in cyberspace :)
By the way, that is so cool about the circle journals!! It would be neat to see it completed with all the different talents!