Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thank you...Thank you....



Mrs. Kim Watson....
It was funny because Shelby went out to check the mail yesterday and came through the front door asking me who I could POSSIBLY know in South Africa....(she must think I have NO friends or something)....At that moment I knew one special lady that lives in South Africa....Kim Watson....THANK YOU so much for the wonderful card above and let me tell you I absolutely LOVE the keychain....as a matter of fact it went directly onto my key ring and every time I look at my keys I think of you and it puts a smile on my face....
THANK YOU for making me feel so special my friend and I will be sending something to you from the states soon!!!
Love ya girl!!!

In other news I have made a few updates to the blog (I'm not very good with writing computer codes or whatever it takes to have a fancy blog but I'm learning)....So, I hope everyone likes the updates and I have a quick question....
I KNOW alot of you ladies stop by and I really need as many opinions as possible....
PLEASE leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it....

Now, the dilemma I seem to have is choosing whether to sell pre.made albums and/or kits on E.Bay or Etsy....
There are pros and cons to both....so what do you think?

I'll be posting some sneak peeks of the circle journal I put together, just for you Mrs. Aleida....
Hugs...
Dedra

8 comments:

ricanlaw said...

The blog looks good. I only give you grief about not being a frequent blogger because I am interested in your work, a little bit about you etc. ;)

Hmmmm, regarding Etsy or Ebay...don't know much there. How about just setting it up where you can sell your kits directly with directions like what Melodee Langworthy does.

So circle journal...you are better than I. When do the sneak peeks go up?

Barb said...

Dedra I think the blog is looking great! I, too, would just love to see more posts! I know you are very busy but I love your work and check in daily to see it there is something new happening!!

I just am not a real fan of Ebay and Etsy. I think as ricanlaw that direct purchase would be the way to go. Honestly, I think it is much classier way to sell. Your work has made a name for itself and it would not take much time at all for your client base to take off running! You would probably be amazed at how fast people would find out that they are available on your site! A good product sells itself!!!

Anxiously awaiting the sneek peeks!!!

sawdust

KJ-Starre said...

Hi Dedra...I am so glad you got your goodies in one piece....& you are very welcome too!!

I like what you have done to your blog...the header is bright & fun! Adding fancy headings into your side bar is as easy as adding a picture, sized correctly in Photoshop. It is a bit time consuming to do but adds a fun element to blogs.

Wow! I see you do ALOT for scrapbook trends mag. There are alot coming up hey...FANTASTIC!

Try here from your blog....I stopped by on someones blog the other day & thats what they do. They are so popular that they cannot keep up with the demand. They also do pay & send arrangement as opposed to sub's & it seems to really work for them. I will try & find the link, so you to take a look.

Anyway you have a great day.
~KJ
X

KJ-Starre said...

In case you don't have a clue about what I am talking about.......your kits....& selling them from your blog :o)

Eileen said...

Hi Dedra!
I love the new header...it's you and it's beautiful.

I'm in the "wish-you-would-blog-more!" category with ricanlaw and barb, but if you start selling, you probably won't have anymore time than you do now!

You can always do both, you know....ebay AND your own site. A lot of sellers use ebay and advertise their private sites there. That way you can test drive both options and see which one works better for you.

I'm excited to see that you're seriously considering this!

Love ya!

Dina said...

I think Etsy has a little more credibility when it comes to the indie-crafting world, but ebay probably has more users. You could try both...hope your summer is going well!

Shaquanna said...

Hi Dedra,
I not too long ago opened an account on Etsy to buy things. I am not sure about selling, as I haven't done that on there, but I think that would be a good place to sell kits. I love reading your blog, and wish to see more of what you create. Take care.

terri : bradford web designs, llc said...

eBay and Etsy... love them both. Depends on your target market and how much you want to pay for fees, etc. You can always run web questions by me if you need someone to bounce ideas off of. ;)